Auto-Number Limit

Post by Adrian Kirk-Burnnan » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:46:47

Hi,

is there such a setting that will not allow an auto-number field to go above
a certain number?

As soon as my unique auto-number field reaches 127 no more records are
allowed in the table.

How can this be changed?

Thank you, Adrian Kirk-Burnnand
 - www.puterweb.com/adriankb/ - Websites
 - www.scoobyrally.com - Subaru Fan Site

Auto-Number Limit

Post by green.. » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:03:25

I would guess that your auto number field is a tinyint(limit 127) - try
altering its type to smallint or mediumint.

regards,
ian gilfillan

> Hi,

> is there such a setting that will not allow an auto-number field to go above
> a certain number?

> As soon as my unique auto-number field reaches 127 no more records are
> allowed in the table.

> How can this be changed?

> Thank you, Adrian Kirk-Burnnand
>  - www.puterweb.com/adriankb/ - Websites
>  - www.scoobyrally.com - Subaru Fan Site

> --

Auto-Number Limit

Post by Ryan Wah » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 05:04:50

Change the auto-number field from tiny-int to int

> Hi,

> is there such a setting that will not allow an auto-number field to go above
> a certain number?

> As soon as my unique auto-number field reaches 127 no more records are
> allowed in the table.

> How can this be changed?

> Thank you, Adrian Kirk-Burnnand
>  - www.puterweb.com/adriankb/ - Websites
>  - www.scoobyrally.com - Subaru Fan Site

> --

1. get auto-number from Oracle 8 database

How do I get the auto generated number/id from an oracle
table during an insert/update? Oracle has Sequences for
every table with auto-number.

For SQL server, I have a handler on afterupdate during

record. does ORacle have the same?

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Alice

2. ppp trace of win-95

3. MS Access forms and auto numbers

4. Peter: Again!! undefined reference!!!

5. Auto Number mysql

6. DUCK31.PRG

7. setting auto-increment to start at higher number

8. important--you must read this!

9. Setting auto increment back to zero after it reaches it limit

10. Auto Incrementing Numbers

11. Is there a limit on Auto-increment

12. auto-increment by a specific number

13. limit auto increment