Lost connection upon connect from w2k client to rh7.3 server

Lost connection upon connect from w2k client to rh7.3 server

Post by Udo Rad » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 05:01:27

hi all,

I have a strange behaviour of a mysql 3.23.51 installation on a rh7.3
box in connection with connects from windows 2000 clients (no idea, if
the windows version matters).

Everytime I try to connect to the server (odbc, mysqlc-commandline-tool)
I receive "ERROR 2013: Lost connection ...". After the connect the
mysqld immediately dies WITHOUT giving any useful information in the log
but gets restarted on the fly.

The connect works perfectly though, if I try to connect either locally
or from any other Linux box around (mandrake, suse, ...).

... any ideas appreciated ...

Thanks

Udo Rader