Need SQLSetPos / UPDATE

Post by Paul Ruizenda » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:28:00

My application needs SQLSetPos, with the UPDATE command word. As far as
I can tell, this is not yet supported by the MySQL ODBC driver. I want
to implement it, but am not familiar with the MySQL native API and would
like some suggestions as how to best proceed:

- any reason why UPDATE is not supported (other lack of time)? Is there
a deep problem with implementing this that anyone has encountered?

- has somebody already worked on it? Could I have a patch? (don't mind
alpha code).

- any suggestions on the best way to implement it? (suggested API calls,
caveats, ...)

Thanks for help

Paul

1. Update with SQLSetPos doesnt work with some "kind of" primary keys?

If I change the order of fields in a multi-column primary key table,
I cant update the table with SQLSetPos.
ie: If I declare my table :(Primary key fields's order is the same as
in table)
 create table A( name varchar(20) not null, surname varchar(20) not
null,  addresss varchar(50), constraint pkA primary key(name, surname
))
insert into A(name, surname) values('Bill', 'Gates')
select * from A
It works.
But If I declare primary  key like this
create table A( name varchar(20) not null, surname varchar(20) not
null,  addresss varchar(50), constraint pkA primary key(surname, name
))
It doesnt work.
It doesnt give any error, but doesnt update any row.
the output is :
SQLSetPos:
        Operation = SQL_UPDATE=2, LockType = SQL_LOCK_NO_CHANGE=0
                                Return: SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO=1
                                stmt:           szSqlState = "01S03", *pfNativeError = 0, *pcbErrorMsg = 36
                                                                                szErrorMsg = "[TCX][MyODBC]No rows updated/deleted"

MySQL Version: 3.23.42-max-nt
MyODBC Version:2.50.39

2. Problem with Division

3. MyODBC:Update with SQLSetPos doesnt work with some "kind of"

4. Rob O'Neal has gone mad

5. Update = DEMO TIME: Need best options for source/smp/raid/x86 need to do a demo

6. Escom on NBC text

7. Using SQL_ADD with SQLSetPos to perform bulk inserts

8. text hyperlinks question

9. Using SQLSetPos to perform bulk inserts

10. Problem with SQLSetPos(SQL_DELETE)

11. Using SQLSetPos to perform bulk inserts

12. Access 16-bit ODBC v2.0 and SQLSetPos