socks

Post by Leif Nielse » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:46:28

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C06AB5.633FE310

.  I have gone through the mySQL
docs and I think my issue is between mySQL and linux host.conf....
The error I get is 'tmp/mysql.sock' failed..
Now I tried to use mysql -h ...but that diud not work either.. I bought =
the
MySQL book with no success...
HELP!!!

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C06AB5.633FE310--

socks

Post by Mike Ro » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:05:05

I'm no expert but a few things I'd look at:
- are the permissions on the /tmp directory screwed up?
- does /tmp/mysql.sock file already exist?
- is mysqld running as the mysql owner?

> .  I have gone through the mySQL
> docs and I think my issue is between mySQL and linux host.conf....
> The error I get is 'tmp/mysql.sock' failed..
> Now I tried to use mysql -h ...but that diud not work either.. I bought the
> MySQL book with no success...
> HELP!!!

1. mysql.sock is missing

Hi,

I'm staring mysql with  mysql -u root mysql but I'm geting this error
message: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'. I cannot find Mysql.sock anywhere, but I was
running mysql before reboot the linux sytem. What can I do to
recover/reinstall/run the mysql server again? I didn't find mysql.server,
but I do have mysql.server* on dir /usr/share/mysql. I'm running Mandrake 9
and Mysql-323.54a (rpm).

Thank you in advance
Pedro

2. SCO 5.0.5 Printing TO NT

3. Mysql.Sock problem

4. How i can configure sendmail in INETD ??

5. mysql.sock

6. Video card question

7. What is difference between SYSTEM & SYSTEM32 folders of windows

8. Installation problem: mysql.sock not created (??)

9. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'(2)

10. Error 2002: can't connect to mysql.sock

11. Missing mysql.sock file

12. Protection of /tmp/mysql.sock