exporting from a local MySQL to remote ISP/MySQL

Post by Quentin Benne » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 04:35:31

Hi,

mysqldump database | mysql --host=isp remote_db

With suitable addition of users/passwords

HTH

Quentin

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, 24 December 2001 9:29 a.m.

Subject: exporting from a local MySQL to remote ISP/MySQL

I have installed and configured MySQL server on my local win 98 machine
How may I export the locally created DB to my remote ISP/MySQL? Any third
party tool?
My site is set on Linux/Apache my local machine is Win 98

Thank you

Henry

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not
disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error
you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately.
Your assistance is appreciated.

1. Hourly / Daily update of remote Mysql Database / Tables from local Mysql Server

I have 2 C# Windows Applications with MYSQL DB running in my clients stand
alone PC.

Now I have designed a ASP.NET , C#  application with SHARED MYSQL server in
Remote

Now I need to update the Database Tables of SHARED MYSQL Server on Hourly /
Daily basis from Local Machine (MYSQL in Stand Alone PC)

i)   Can i be done through Application
ii)  Or through Database, script tool.
iii) If Application, then where can it be initiated, Windows Application
(or) Web Application, Concept...
Iv) If Database, what is the concept we use, Synchronization  , Replication
(or)  Ant Others.

Any tips, tricks are welcome...

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Regards
S..Sathesh Kumar
Mobile: 9600896905

2. FAQ?

3. HPOV: Better performance for exporting display vs. local client with remote database?

4. QUATTRO question

5. SSH tunnel MySQL traffic: BOTH remote & local?

6. I'm looking for Panmam3, can't find it.

7. Local Host vs ISP Host Name In Connect Command

8. Zip not powering down

9. What's the easiest way to export MySQL table structure and data AUTOMATICALLY using MySQL++?

10. What's the easiest way to export MySQL table structure and data AUTOMATICALLY using MySQL++?]

11. exporting a mysql database via mysql query browser

12. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'(2)

13. installed MySql - can't connect to local MySql: server error