how to convert .sea.bin diskcopy files to raw image on Unix

how to convert .sea.bin diskcopy files to raw image on Unix

Post by Moi » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I already found macunpack to uncompress the .sea .sit files
I'm looking for a tool that convert the .bin files for Apple Diskcopy
into RAW image so I can write them with 'dd' ??????

macutil, unsea, unsit et mcvert are not helpful.

les utilitaires macutil, unsea, unsit et mcvert ne m'ont pas bcp aide

        Marc

how to convert .sea.bin diskcopy files to raw image on Unix

Post by fra » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> I already found macunpack to uncompress the .sea .sit files
> I'm looking for a tool that convert the .bin files for Apple Diskcopy
> into RAW image so I can write them with 'dd' ??????

> macutil, unsea, unsit et mcvert are not helpful.

> les utilitaires macutil, unsea, unsit et mcvert ne m'ont pas bcp aide

>    Marc

you'd better essayer stuffit expander and then create une image from
that avec diskcopy ;))

ps:choisi entre francais et anglais, ici c'est francais

--
fra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by George Jefferso » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

:I already found macunpack to uncompress the .sea .sit files
:I'm looking for a tool that convert the .bin files for Apple Diskcopy
:into RAW image so I can write them with 'dd' ??????

I don't think thats going to work, you need unix software that
knows how to write to mac floppy format.  See if you can read
and re-write an existing mac floppy with dd, I'm pretty sure you
will find out that is doesn't work.

--

to reply simply press "r"
       -- I hate editing addresses more than I hate the spam!

how to convert .sea.bin diskcopy files to raw image on Unix

Post by FlyDocto » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Looking for programmers to help re-write a software program.

respond to:

1. Convert raw to tiff file

You can try to use GDI +

Writing Metadata to a File
To write an item of metadata to an Image object, initialize a PropertyItem
object and then pass the address of that PropertyItem object to the
SetPropertyItem method of the Image object.

The following console application writes one item (the image title) of
metadata to an Image object and then saves the image in the disk file
FakePhoto2.jpg. The main function relies on the helper function
GetEncoderClsid, which is shown in the topic Retrieving the Class
Identifier for an Encoder.

Hide Example

#include <windows.h>
#include <gdiplus.h>
#include <stdio.h>
using namespace Gdiplus;
INT main()
{
   // Initialize <tla rid="tla_gdiplus"/>.
   GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput;
   ULONG_PTR gdiplusToken;
   GdiplusStartup(&gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL);
   Status stat;
   CLSID  clsid;
   char   propertyValue[] = "Fake Photograph";
   Bitmap* bitmap = new Bitmap(L"FakePhoto.jpg");
   PropertyItem* propertyItem = new PropertyItem;
   // Get the CLSID of the JPEG encoder.
   GetEncoderClsid(L"image/jpeg", &clsid);
   propertyItem->id = PropertyTagImageTitle;
   propertyItem->length = 16;  // string length including NULL terminator
   propertyItem->type = PropertyTagTypeASCII;
   propertyItem->value = propertyValue;
   bitmap->SetPropertyItem(propertyItem);
   stat = bitmap->Save(L"FakePhoto2.jpg", &clsid, NULL);
   if(stat == Ok)
      printf("FakePhoto2.jpg saved successfully.\n");

   delete propertyItem;
   delete bitmap;
   GdiplusShutdown(gdiplusToken);
   return 0;

Best Regards

Jian Shen

2. Boot Manager problem

3. How to convert a 32 bit per pixel (bpp) image to an 8 bpp image

4. I can't see outside my subnet

5. how to convert 16 bpp image to 4 bpp image ?

6. MW debugger div by 0 error on dbl click

7. Diskcopy mage file format?

8. Comcast@home...any good?

9. Utility in VC++ to convert image files

10. algorithm for converting DEC to BIN

11. UNIX - editing UNIX files with a Mac editor

12. Unix one-way encryption (unix password file)

13. Gray Scale raw image into PICT ?