Info on Cannon BJ printers

Post by d.. » Sun, 21 Feb 1993 05:26:30

Hello group,

I have a question regarding Cannon bubble jet printers and I hope
some of you can help me out here.

I am planning to buy a Cannon BJ (regardles of the model) and since
I do a lot of travelling around I wanted to know do they come with
AC adaptor that has a dual power adaptor (ie. can I use the same
adaptor in Europe and in US) like most laptops do.
Any info would be greatly appretiated. I tried to contact few sales rep
but, as soon as I mention different voltage and frequency, they have to
ask someone else and I hang on the phone for an hour and unfortunatelly
sofar I was unable to obtain that info.
So, thanks in advance,
Davor

--
Davor Ebling
University of *ia

Info on Cannon BJ printers

Post by John Carpent » Mon, 22 Feb 1993 05:05:30

>Hello group,

>I have a question regarding Cannon bubble jet printers and I hope
>some of you can help me out here.

>I am planning to buy a Cannon BJ (regardles of the model) and since
>I do a lot of travelling around I wanted to know do they come with
>AC adaptor that has a dual power adaptor (ie. can I use the same
>adaptor in Europe and in US) like most laptops do.
>Any info would be greatly appretiated. I tried to contact few sales rep
>but, as soon as I mention different voltage and frequency, they have to
>ask someone else and I hang on the phone for an hour and unfortunatelly
>sofar I was unable to obtain that info.
>So, thanks in advance,
>Davor

>--
>Davor Ebling
>University of *ia

I have a BJ-10ex (UK model) which is 240 V only.  The manual
says that there are different voltages for different regions,
so I imagine that each version comes with a single-voltage
power supply.

John
--

Info on Cannon BJ printers

Post by TEO JEN- » Thu, 25 Feb 1993 19:49:20

: Hello group,
:
: I am planning to buy a Cannon BJ (regardles of the model) and since
: I do a lot of travelling around I wanted to know do they come with
: AC adaptor that has a dual power adaptor (ie. can I use the same
: adaptor in Europe and in US) like most laptops do.

Well, the last time i got a bubble jet 10ex for my sister in singapore,
which was about six months ago, the adapter was for 220v. I believe that
in the USofA  it is 110v? Well, anyway, different from that of singapore. I
had to pay another S$80 for the proper adapter. I have a feeling that
if you buy your BJ from the USA, it'll probably come with the correct
adapter (for use in the USA), but you would have to buy another one for
use in Europe. This assuming, of course, that cannon spore operates
in the same manner as cannon usa.

: Any info would be greatly appretiated. I tried to contact few sales rep
: but, as soon as I mention different voltage and frequency, they have to
: ask someone else and I hang on the phone for an hour and unfortunatelly
: sofar I was unable to obtain that info.

Well, thats the way it goes.......

Jo