HP 660C and Win98

Post by Luis Barroilhe » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
Has anyone installed drivers for the HP 660C in a system running Win98 SE?
I have recently tried this and get strange results (no bi-directional
features), an error msg that my drivers are not loaded or corrupted, but I
still get to print. I have enabled the ECP option in BIOS, have an IEEE
bi-directional cable, and installed the printer using the Win98 SE CD that
came with my computer.  Any ideas?
Luis

HP 660C and Win98

Post by Peter Ballanty » Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>Has anyone installed drivers for the HP 660C in a system running Win98 SE?
>I have recently tried this and get strange results (no bi-directional
>features), an error msg that my drivers are not loaded or corrupted, but I
>still get to print. I have enabled the ECP option in BIOS, have an IEEE
>bi-directional cable, and installed the printer using the Win98 SE CD that
>came with my computer.  Any ideas?
>Luis

Just like to offer this point -- as a part time refiller in southern New
Zealand many of my customers just couldn't afford to run a printer if I
didn't refill for them, including our local school. Ship a cartridge over
here, add out own government's import duty and then our 12.5% goods &
services tax . . . I leave you to imagine what our prices are like.

Peter Ballantyne
New Zealand

HP 660C and Win98

Post by Nelso » Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Yeah, the cheapest price for HP 49A is NZ$70. = US$35

> >Hi,
> >Has anyone installed drivers for the HP 660C in a system running Win98 SE?
> >I have recently tried this and get strange results (no bi-directional
> >features), an error msg that my drivers are not loaded or corrupted, but I
> >still get to print. I have enabled the ECP option in BIOS, have an IEEE
> >bi-directional cable, and installed the printer using the Win98 SE CD that
> >came with my computer.  Any ideas?
> >Luis

> Just like to offer this point -- as a part time refiller in southern New
> Zealand many of my customers just couldn't afford to run a printer if I
> didn't refill for them, including our local school. Ship a cartridge over
> here, add out own government's import duty and then our 12.5% goods &
> services tax . . . I leave you to imagine what our prices are like.

> Peter Ballantyne
> New Zealand

HP 660C and Win98

Post by Hzam » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

You should remove the printer, then download the newer drivers from
the internet.  www.hp.com, on top of page services & Support.

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:32:38 -0600, "Luis Barroilhet"

>Hi,
>Has anyone installed drivers for the HP 660C in a system running Win98 SE?
>I have recently tried this and get strange results (no bi-directional
>features), an error msg that my drivers are not loaded or corrupted, but I
>still get to print. I have enabled the ECP option in BIOS, have an IEEE
>bi-directional cable, and installed the printer using the Win98 SE CD that
>came with my computer.  Any ideas?
>Luis

HP 660C and Win98

Post by Amy Macdonal » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> Has anyone installed drivers for the HP 660C in a system running Win98 SE?
> I have recently tried this and get strange results (no bi-directional
> features), an error msg that my drivers are not loaded or corrupted, but I
> still get to print. I have enabled the ECP option in BIOS, have an IEEE
> bi-directional cable, and installed the printer using the Win98 SE CD that
> came with my computer.  Any ideas?
> Luis

I've been using the HP 660C for several years - with Win. 3.11 and now Win95,
never any problem. The 660C came with it's own software and own install
disc......

Try re-installing the 660C using its own install discs.

Amy.

HP 660C and Win98

Post by HPLASERGU » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

I think you kinda missed the point here. This person has
Windows 98 Second Edition,which while very similar to
95,has its own quirks and oddities and major differences.
So just because it worked in 95 and 3.x is totally
irrelevant here. I also recommend you download the latest
drivers from HP. They should have any issues resolved with
Win98SE if that doesnt work the problem may be greater.
Ian :-)

1. HP 855c vs. HP 660c ???

Was to me.  The main benefits of the 850/855C that I wanted were:
 - double the color depth vs 660C
 - 855C (not 850C) has free PhotoCD mailer (worth about $20 around here)

Other benefits:
 - faster
 - speaks HP-PCL and Apple QuickDraw

If the DeskJet is your only printer, the near-laser speed of the 85x on
black text is welcome.  If you have to use both Mac and PCs, the dual-PDL
makes the 85x the cheapest alternative to a PostScript-equipped laser.

Regards,                                            1001-A East Harmony Road
Bob Niland                                          Suite 503

                                                    Colorado     80525   USA

2. Mac OS 9 Java from OS X?

3. Hey HP! HP 660c Cartridge Problems

4. iMac Rev. B conversion into PC ATX case

5. Epson Stylus & New HP 660c, info from HP

6. IDE 3.0 reference doesn't work!

7. HP 660C / HP Colorado T1000e Tape B/U Conflict

8. Information about "Tape Array"

9. HP 660C or HP 66Cse, What's the difference?

10. A/B switch for HP 4L & HP 660C

11. HP 850c compares to HP 660c

12. Help: Comparing HP 660C vs. HP 855C Text modes

13. HP 660C OR HP 66CSE, WHAT 'S THE DIFFERENCE?