Sharp JX-9500H

Post by Tony Leathe » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I recently purchased the above printer and was wondering if anyone in this
group could help me out with a couple of problems..
1. does it need a special cable to hook it up via the serial port
2. when it prints graphics it spreads them over 2 pages (strange)
does anyone know where in Australia I might pick up a user manual for this
printer

Cheers and thanks
Tony..

Sharp JX-9500H

Post by supp.. » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

TL> 1. does it need a special cable to hook it up via the serial port

I have a JX-9500H too and I believe the serial port is a standard RS-232
port. I used it once with a second computer, but found it to be extremely slow.

I would really recommend that you use the parallel port interface.

TL> when it prints graphics it spreads them over 2 pages (strange)

My guess would be that you don't have enough memory in your printer.

1. Take your printer offline

2. Press and hold the "Print Fonts/Test" button until "Self Test #1" appears.

3. Release the button and it should print out a page telling you the printer
configuration, and the "Installed Memory".

I have 3072 Kbytes (3 Meg) in mine and I can print full page graphics. But,
when I first bought the printer I know I had problems with the 1 Meg or so it
came with.

Hope this helps...

Anthony Watson
Mountain Software

http://www.mountain-software.com
Maker of "Home Cookin" Recipe Software

1. Sharp JX-9500H Laser

Hi All.
Just a quick question, could anyone tell me how to go about connecting the
above printer to my network through the hub as I have noticed that it has a
RJ45 connector on the side of the of the printer. Are there any special
settings etc to use
Any and all help greatly appreciated
Cheers
Tony..

2. Need PCB fabricator recommendations

3. Sharp JX-9500H

4. Anybody got RBASE 4.0, 32-bit version up?

5. Sharp JX-9500H parts & manuals wanted

6. PR: MaxVision Introduces faster family of 133 MHz Pentium PCs for the CAD user

7. Sharp JX-9500H = TI 35 Microlaser?

8. Promise DC4030VL-2 & WARP?

9. Sharp JX-9500H or Tandy LP950 memory

10. Sharp JX-9500H

11. Sharp JX-9500H or Tandy LP950 memory

12. sharp JX-9500H laser printer

13. SHARP JX-9500H or Texas Laser