hp 882c can't align

Post by irv.. » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:45:39

My 882c can not align the vertical lines.  The bottom two displays on
the alignment sheet look like a staircase.  I have tried alignment
several times and also a cleaning.  No change.  Is it time for a new
cartridge or a whole new printer.  Thanks

hp 882c can't align

Post by Model Flye » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:49:44

> My 882c can not align the vertical lines.  The bottom two displays on
> the alignment sheet look like a staircase.  I have tried alignment
> several times and also a cleaning.  No change.  Is it time for a new
> cartridge or a whole new printer.  Thanks

Try cleaning the encoder strip, wipe carefully with a damp cloth. Don't use
any solvent as this strip is a photographic emulsion and can be damaged
easily. The encoder strip has a series of vertical lines that the printer
uses to tell where the printhead is. Also the guide bar may need to be
cleaned and lubricated, one drop of light silicone oil on the bar is all you
need.
--
---
Cheers,

Please reply to the News Group and
keep to subject. Spam catcher.
Blame Microsoft for the spelling mistakes,
it's their spell checker on OE.

hp 882c can't align

Post by Ir » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 12:15:00

>> My 882c can not align the vertical lines.  The bottom two displays on
>> the alignment sheet look like a staircase.  I have tried alignment
>> several times and also a cleaning.  No change.  Is it time for a new
>> cartridge or a whole new printer.  Thanks

>Try cleaning the encoder strip, wipe carefully with a damp cloth. Don't use
>any solvent as this strip is a photographic emulsion and can be damaged
>easily. The encoder strip has a series of vertical lines that the printer
>uses to tell where the printhead is. Also the guide bar may need to be
>cleaned and lubricated, one drop of light silicone oil on the bar is all you
>need.
>---
>Cheers,
>Jonathan Lowe,

Jonathan

thanks for the help.  can you be more specific as tom what the
encorder strip is and where i find it.  thanks

Irv

hp 882c can't align

Post by Model Flye » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 22:17:53

Quote:> >cleaned and lubricated, one drop of light silicone oil on the
bar is all you
> >need.
> >---
> >Cheers,
> >Jonathan Lowe,

> Jonathan

> thanks for the help.  can you be more specific as tom what the
> encorder strip is and where i find it.  thanks

Irv,

If you open the top lid - for cartridge changing - and look in you
will see a shiny round steel bar, above that there is a belt and
then a strip of plastic, this is the encoder strip. Be careful to
only wipe from right to left, the strip has a spring on the left
hand end and if you wipe the other way you risk unhooking it from
it's anchor on the right. So remember RIGHT to LEFT. I use clock
oil for the small amount of lubrication needed if the bar is dry,
however it there is a trace of oil on the bar don't bother
lubrication it further, if it's wet that's all it needs.
--
---
Cheers,

Quote:> Irv

hp 882c can't align

Post by Andrew Rossman » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:55:39

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

Quote:> My 882c can not align the vertical lines.  The bottom two displays on
> the alignment sheet look like a staircase.  I have tried alignment
> several times and also a cleaning.  No change.  Is it time for a new
> cartridge or a whole new printer.  Thanks

  Did you try removing and reseating the cartridges? When removed, look
for any debris sitting in the holder. One of your cartridges may be
slightly tilted. Be careful to insert them directly from the front/top.
Don't apply any side force while installing them.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

hp 882c can't align

Post by Ir » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:28:18

The answer turned out to be a loose encoder strip.  i took a big
screwdriver and pushed * the encorder strip endplate on the
right side of the printer and pushed on the plate until i was
satisfied with the degree of tension.  the left side endplate is
spring tensioned so i determined that it was unlikely to break the
encoder strip.

>> My 882c can not align the vertical lines.  The bottom two displays on
>> the alignment sheet look like a staircase.  I have tried alignment
>> several times and also a cleaning.  No change.  Is it time for a new
>> cartridge or a whole new printer.  Thanks

>  Did you try removing and reseating the cartridges? When removed, look
>for any debris sitting in the holder. One of your cartridges may be
>slightly tilted. Be careful to insert them directly from the front/top.
>Don't apply any side force while installing them.

>--

1. HP 882C - false ink cartridge error, can't figure out what's wrong

I just got an HP DeskJet 882C printer for my Windows 95 PC.

Every time I print something (*every* single time, no matter what I print!), an
error message comes up saying:

"Incorrect Installation: Try removing the color print cartridge and reinstalling
it"

But then it just keeps on printing and the printing works fine!  On top of that,
I did take it out and re-insert the stupid thing several times and it still
gives me that error message no matter what!  But the printing still works fine.

Anybody have a clue what could be wrong?  Perhaps a sensor in the printer is
broken, telling my software that cartridge isn't properly installed when it
actually is??

truthseeker

2. apple IIe or better software

3. hp 610 office jet - won't align cartridges

4. What do I need?

5. HP 882C won't feed paper

6. Where do I get info/name/phone/email-address on/for Information Lens

7. HP 882C Won't Print

8. DHCP client could not obtain an address

9. HP 882C Won't Pick Up Paper

10. Booklet Margins won't Align..!?

11. printer doesn't align

12. Hewlett Packard 882C banner light won't go out

13. Deskjet 882C's text output quality