Paper won't feed correctly.

Post by lyle » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:25:56

Hello,

My Lexmark Z31 will not auto feed paper any longer: I have to manually feed
sheet by sheet and
this is getting pretty annoying. I do believe that the paper rollers are
mis-aligned/worn.
 The warranty period has expired (of course) and when I tried e-mailing
Lexmark customer support they were of no  use: they just said to re-read my
instructions on feeding my paper, blah - blah -blah.

Can I buy and replace rollers myself? Or is there some place that will do it
cheaper than the cost of a new printer? Or do I have to trash the printer
and buy a new
one if I want paper to auto feed again. Harumph.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Paper won't feed correctly.

Post by Andrew Coope » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 21:47:50

The parts would cost you more than a new printer, and since it is at least
two years old, it's time to pony up and get a new one, or manually feed
paper to it.

--
Andrew C. Cooper
===================================

Quote:> Hello,

> My Lexmark Z31 will not auto feed paper any longer: I have to manually
feed
> sheet by sheet and
> this is getting pretty annoying. I do believe that the paper rollers are
> mis-aligned/worn.
>  The warranty period has expired (of course) and when I tried e-mailing
> Lexmark customer support they were of no  use: they just said to re-read
my
> instructions on feeding my paper, blah - blah -blah.

> Can I buy and replace rollers myself? Or is there some place that will do
it
> cheaper than the cost of a new printer? Or do I have to trash the printer
> and buy a new
> one if I want paper to auto feed again. Harumph.

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

---

Paper won't feed correctly.

Post by Chia Ah Tee, Josep » Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:07:23

Try these first.
Check your printer/print setting and ensure the auto feed is selected or enabled.
Check your CMOS/bios setting for the correct mode your printer is using and install
proper printers mode driver and printer driver.

Joseph Chia A.T

Posted At: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 10:31 AM
Posted To: printers
Conversation: Paper won't feed correctly.
Subject: Paper won't feed correctly.

Hello,

My Lexmark Z31 will not auto feed paper any longer: I have to manually feed
sheet by sheet and
this is getting pretty annoying. I do believe that the paper rollers are
mis-aligned/worn.
 The warranty period has expired (of course) and when I tried e-mailing
Lexmark customer support they were of no  use: they just said to re-read my
instructions on feeding my paper, blah - blah -blah.

Can I buy and replace rollers myself? Or is there some place that will do it
cheaper than the cost of a new printer? Or do I have to trash the printer
and buy a new
one if I want paper to auto feed again. Harumph.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1. Epson 1520 Won't Feed Paper Correctly

 For some damn reason, my 1520 pulls in paper from the paper tray at an
angle. That means the paper gets hung up, crinkled and partially torn at
the edges. I've played with different positions in the tray, used my hands
to guide the paper, but I can't get the damn thing to stop screwing up my
outputs. I've used the cleaning sheet a couple of times, but that doesn't
seem to help.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to lug this damned thing into the shop?

Cordially,
John E. Castasus
Life begins at 266 megahertz

----------------------
Helga Consulting, Inc.
Atlanta, GA
"I'll make your Mac behave!"
jcast144 *at* mindspring *dot* com
----------------------------------

2. PC power supply to A4K hack?

3. Canon BJC-6000 Paper Won't Feed - "workaround" by prebending paper sheets

4. old scanner, new computer

5. Canon i320 paper feed problem...paper doesn't feed

6. apple's new mouse

7. Canon Printer BJC-4200: Paper won't feed

8. Init class members in C++

9. HELP! Paper won't feed!

10. HP 882C won't feed paper

11. Deskjet 855C paper won't feed

12. HP870-paper won't feed

13. NEC SuperScript 870 -- paper won't feed -- any ideas?