Problem with Canon BJC-2000 - can anyone help?

Problem with Canon BJC-2000 - can anyone help?

Post by Matthew Sawye » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 22:01:14

Hi

I have a Canon BJC-2000 printer and after fitting a new cartridge last night
and printing a couple of sheets without a problem, the printer seems to have
broken within a few seconds! Now whenever I plug it into the mains the
rollers spin for about 20 seconds, and when opening the front of the printer
the printer head mechanism does not move into the center opening as it
should. Attempting to print just leaves the printer queue* with the
message 'attempting to collect printer status'.

I'm guessing that somehow the mechanism for detecting paper loaded into the
printer has been broken - which is odd because aside from collecting a
little dust the printer has been idle for months and not damaged at all. Can
printing off a few sheets of paper really break the printer?? One minute
it's working fine, the next...

I've tried reinstalling drivers, but it's definately a mechanical fault.

Any tips or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Maff
www.mst3uk.com
www.tachyon-tv.co.uk
www.eclipsecafe.com

Problem with Canon BJC-2000 - can anyone help?

Post by none » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:35:51

disconnect printer from pc and mains. put a few sheets of paper in the
printer.
plug mains in, you should hear a whirring noise from printer.
click button on printer twice (quickly)
it should print a test page.

Quote:> Hi

> I have a Canon BJC-2000 printer and after fitting a new cartridge last
night
> and printing a couple of sheets without a problem, the printer seems to
have
> broken within a few seconds! Now whenever I plug it into the mains the
> rollers spin for about 20 seconds, and when opening the front of the
printer
> the printer head mechanism does not move into the center opening as it
> should. Attempting to print just leaves the printer queue* with the
> message 'attempting to collect printer status'.

> I'm guessing that somehow the mechanism for detecting paper loaded into
the
> printer has been broken - which is odd because aside from collecting a
> little dust the printer has been idle for months and not damaged at all.
Can
> printing off a few sheets of paper really break the printer?? One minute
> it's working fine, the next...

> I've tried reinstalling drivers, but it's definately a mechanical fault.

> Any tips or suggestions greatly appreciated!

> Thanks,

> --
> Maff
> www.mst3uk.com
> www.tachyon-tv.co.uk
> www.eclipsecafe.com

1. Help! Canon bjc-2000 printing problem

Hi,
   I bought this bjc-2000 last July.  So far it has only printed for 200
pages, or maybe little more than that.  The printer moves normally but
nothing printed on the paper.  Oh, the strange thing is: it could print
color Ok, but not black.
   I borrowed my friends ink cartridge(same as mine, also use BCI-21 for
the black ink tank), with my black ink tank BCI-21 installed on it, and
tried it on my printer.  It works perfectly.
   So seems like the printhead is the problem.  Looks like there is clog
somewhere in the printhead.   I put the printhead in the warm water
(without the circuit merged under water) and air-dried it out.  Put it
on again, no luck, this time even the color printing is not as good as
it was; I also sit the printhead in a pool of ink(wish it can suck in
some ink) and tried it on, nothing printed out.  What else should I
try?  Does this mean the printhead wear out after such a short time?
buying a new one is the only answer?
   Can you please help?  Thanks in advance.

Han

2. suddenly running out of mbufs -- any tools to find out why?

3. Is anyone using the Canon BJC 8200 with Windows 2000?

4. WAsyncSocket Csocket Classes

5. HELP NEEDED: Canon BJC-2000 only prints color

6. Looking for an airport

7. Printing Problems with Canon BJC-2000

8. 16MB SIMMS on NDs?

9. Canon BJC-2000 problem

10. Canon BJC-2000 vs. BJC-6000?

11. Of the Canon BJC-1000 and BJC-2000...

12. bjc-250 vs bjc-2000 canon printers

13. Canon bjc 2000 (HELP)