Spool 32 error

Spool 32 error

Post by Brend » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00



Hi, I have a HP Deskjet 720c- I have the latest driver downloaded (version
10.3) but ever since I have upgraded to Windows 98 se- I keep getting a
Spool 32 error,  it prints fine and doesn't seem to be any slower, but what
does this message mean and what do I need to check, I have uninstalled and
reinstalled twice and still get the message, I am usually just simply
printing a graphic or just text  and it will bring up this message.  Any
idea what is going on

Brenda H

 
 
 

Spool 32 error

Post by Ron Martel » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:28:50



>Hi, I have a HP Deskjet 720c- I have the latest driver downloaded (version
>10.3) but ever since I have upgraded to Windows 98 se- I keep getting a
>Spool 32 error,  it prints fine and doesn't seem to be any slower, but what
>does this message mean and what do I need to check, I have uninstalled and
>reinstalled twice and still get the message, I am usually just simply
>printing a graphic or just text  and it will bring up this message.  Any
>idea what is going on

>Brenda H

Check out this article:

Troubleshooting Windows Protection Errors [Q149962]
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q149/9/62.asp

Good luck.

Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."

 
 
 

Spool 32 error

Post by Andrew Hog » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Brenda,

This is a long shot, but it may help.  I had a very similar problem with an
HP 890C.  I use this printer in my home office normally hooked up to an NT4
machine through a parallel port and it works beautifully.  Occasionally I
take this printer on the road and hook it up to a Windows 98 SE Compaq
laptop through a parallel port.  I recently attempted to print some forms
that I developed with scanned images (bitmaps) and text boxes in Word 97.
They printed beautifully on the NT4 machine, but caused "Spool 32 Errors" on
the Windows 98 SE machine.  I tried everything listed on the HP Website to
cope with this as well as the suggestions provided by Compaq technical
support.  Nothing worked!  Then one day I decided to play around with the
forms and discovered that they would print from the laptop if the scanned
images were reduced in size.  I then increased the image size in steps to
see if the errors would occur at some point.  They did!  My subjective
assessment is that the images cause the problem when any portion exceeds a
margin limit for my printer.  In the case of the 890C the bottom margin was
the limiting case in that it can be no smaller than .46 inches.  I continued
to play around and was able to control the occurrence of the "spool 32
error" simply by making sure that no portion of my form protruded into the
margin area of the printer.  I am not sure why this happens only on the
Windows 98 SE machine.  When printing from my NT4 machine, that portion of
the image in the margin area is simply truncated.

After this long winded story, you may want to inspect your documents to see
if any objects other than text protrude into the margin area.  If so, you
may have success moving or resizing the objects so that they are all within
the margin limits of your printer.  Make sure you "select" the objects when
you check their position on the page so that you can see all the way to the
edges.  It may be that a non printing portion of the object is in the
margin.  Also, I had no success "cropping" the images in my case.  I had to
resize or move the images to clear the margin areas.

Hope this helps.

Andy



> >Hi, I have a HP Deskjet 720c- I have the latest driver downloaded
(version
> >10.3) but ever since I have upgraded to Windows 98 se- I keep getting a
> >Spool 32 error,  it prints fine and doesn't seem to be any slower, but
what
> >does this message mean and what do I need to check, I have uninstalled
and
> >reinstalled twice and still get the message, I am usually just simply
> >printing a graphic or just text  and it will bring up this message.  Any
> >idea what is going on

> >Brenda H

> Check out this article:

> Troubleshooting Windows Protection Errors [Q149962]
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q149/9/62.asp

> Good luck.

> Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> "The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."

 
 
 

Spool 32 error

Post by Thos » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Brenda,

Check out this at H-P:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd02973.html

It is specifically about the 700 series and spool32 errors.

Tom H.


Quote:> Hi, I have a HP Deskjet 720c- I have the latest driver downloaded (version
> 10.3) but ever since I have upgraded to Windows 98 se- I keep getting a
> Spool 32 error,  it prints fine and doesn't seem to be any slower, but
what
> does this message mean and what do I need to check, I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled twice and still get the message, I am usually just simply
> printing a graphic or just text  and it will bring up this message.  Any
> idea what is going on

> Brenda H

 
 
 

Spool 32 error

Post by Brend » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00


You may have solved my problem , I was printing thumbnails that did print
close to the sides  -  where do I check to see what my margins are - I
honestly can't remember what I was printing the other times but this may
very well be the problem.  My computer was built and I never had this
problem until I upgraded to Windows 98 SE, I have had this printer for two
years and never had gotten an error message before.  Please tell me where to
check from the printer set up and I will play around also.
Strange how one program can change things isn't it.  Thanks again for your
great help -  if possible could I have your email address and scan you a
copy of one thing that I printed that gave me the error and see what you
think

Brenda H

 
 
 

Spool 32 error

Post by Brend » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00


I had been there , but that is for Windows 95 and I have Windows 98 SE , I
have the latest driver and I just wasn't sure whether to try any of the
other stuff since I don't have Windows 95

Brenda H
Thanks a bunch anyway

 
 
 

Spool 32 error

Post by Andrew Hog » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Brenda,

The "User's Guide" for your printer will have a list of the margins in the
specifications section near the back.  These represent the limits of the
printable area for your printer.  I am not sure what program you were using
when the errors occurred, but Microsoft programs (and most other programs I
am familiar with) typically have a "page setup..." item in the file menu.
This can be used to set and adjust the margins of the open document.  My
experience has shown that the problem relates to the document being printed
rather than the printer so printer setup will not help.  It doesn't seem to
matter where the margins are set.  In my case, any image that protrudes into
the non-printable area regardless of the margin setting will cause the Spool
32 error.  It also causes Word 2000 to crash!

It is also helpful to have the "rulers" visible on your screen.  In MS Word
and MS Publisher, for example, this is an option in the "View" menu.  These
top and side rulers will allow you to visually verify that no image
protrudes into the "non-printable" area for your printer.  I hope this all
works for you.

Andy


Quote:> You may have solved my problem , I was printing thumbnails that did print
> close to the sides  -  where do I check to see what my margins are - I
> honestly can't remember what I was printing the other times but this may
> very well be the problem.  My computer was built and I never had this
> problem until I upgraded to Windows 98 SE, I have had this printer for two
> years and never had gotten an error message before.  Please tell me where
to
> check from the printer set up and I will play around also.
> Strange how one program can change things isn't it.  Thanks again for your
> great help -  if possible could I have your email address and scan you a
> copy of one thing that I printed that gave me the error and see what you
> think

> Brenda H

 
 
 

1. Spool 32 error

Hi - I am running Windows 98SE on a two computer network.  Each computer has
the latest OS updates available from Windows update.

Since setting up this network with a Belkin Gateway/Router, I've been
getting Spool 32 errors when I try to print with my Epson 750 Photo printer.

A reboot takes care of the problem, but, that is a hassle.

Only my Main computer is set up to print.  The Secondary computer does not
have access to the printer.  Here's the error info in full:

SPOOL32 caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:00000001.
Registers:
EAX=fff7b873 CS=018f EIP=00000001 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000005 SS=0197 ESP=0321e8bc EBP=8430900c
ECX=00000011 DS=0197 ESI=0051014c FS=6d27
EDX=819a69a0 ES=0197 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
00 00 00 65 04 70 00 16 00 82 0a 65 04 70 00 65
Stack dump:
7fe4141d 005102f8 00000005 0321e90c 0000021c 0321eb28 0321eb2c 0051016c
0051014c 00000000 0051016c 01181de8 005102f8 00000005 0321e90c 0000021c

I've had this printer for 3+ years and never have a problem with it.  I
reinstalled all the Epson software, but I still get the error.  There is
nothing on the Epson site about this type of error.

Question:  Any idea about how to get rid of the Spool 32 error?

Thanks

Joe

2. Looking for a game site

3. Spool 32 error message

4. SAP CRM FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT NEEDED URGENTLY

5. Spool 32 error w/ NEC printer

6. BEST CAD/CAM PROGRAMS

7. Spool 32 Error

8. Spool 32 errors - help

9. Hp Laserjet 5l spool 32 error

10. spool 32 error

11. Problem with hp deskjet 820CXI, 660C, 690C Spool 32 error

12. Help: Spool 32 Error using Canon BJC-4550