Canon BJC-610 or BJC-4100 (opinion)

Post by Michael A. Ferb » Mon, 01 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Need some help please,

Sam's Club has the Canon BJC-610 for $429 and the BJC-4100 for $319.
These are the best prices I have found for either of the printers. I am
looking for good color but I need as good a black as I can get in a jet
printer. I also notice that both printers use different ink cartriges
with the BJ-610 using the indivdual color cartriges which I assume are
more economical. When one color empties, just replace that color. I was
origanlly thinking about the HP 855C, but after reading all the
negatives regarding Win.95 drivers I am now interested in the Canon's.
I believe they already have the Win.95 drivers included.

Anyway, I appreciate any help and advice I can get.

Mike Ferber
Harrisburg, PA

Canon BJC-610 or BJC-4100 (opinion)

Post by Naiming Ch » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Go for  canon BJC-610. I just got it from Sam' Club, $429.96. I can
not believe the price. Almost $70 cheaper than mail order.

The printout quality is brilliant. 720x720 on plain paper is
absolutely true. The package also comes with win95 driver and Windows
printer system, also excellent. There is a cool feature in the printer
system is printer head alignment. It could eliminate white streaks
after you intensively use of your printer.

Before buying this one, I once tried to print out a same sample
picture ( several pencils in a mug ) on plain paper using canon 610,
epson stylus color II and HP-855c. All of them use their highest
resolution and quality mode. The canon definitely outperforms.

This is my experience. Hope it will help you making decision.

Naiming

> Need some help please,

> Sam's Club has the Canon BJC-610 for $429 and the BJC-4100 for $319.
> These are the best prices I have found for either of the printers. I am
> looking for good color but I need as good a black as I can get in a jet
> printer. I also notice that both printers use different ink cartriges
> with the BJ-610 using the indivdual color cartriges which I assume are
> more economical. When one color empties, just replace that color. I was
> origanlly thinking about the HP 855C, but after reading all the
> negatives regarding Win.95 drivers I am now interested in the Canon's.
> I believe they already have the Win.95 drivers included.

> Anyway, I appreciate any help and advice I can get.

> Mike Ferber
> Harrisburg, PA

Canon BJC-610 or BJC-4100 (opinion)

Post by Your Na » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

says...

>Need some help please,

>Sam's Club has the Canon BJC-610 for $429 and the BJC-4100 for $319.
>These are the best prices I have found for either of the printers. I
am
>looking for good color but I need as good a black as I can get in a
jet
>printer. I also notice that both printers use different ink cartriges
>with the BJ-610 using the indivdual color cartriges which I assume are
>more economical. When one color empties, just replace that color. I
was
>origanlly thinking about the HP 855C, but after reading all the
>negatives regarding Win.95 drivers I am now interested in the Canon's.
>I believe they already have the Win.95 drivers included.

>Anyway, I appreciate any help and advice I can get.

>Mike Ferber
>Harrisburg, PA

Mike-don't be stupid-go with the HP-855!!! I have a BJC 600 and it is
the same as the BJC 610---they are a piece of shit!!! This unit has a
separate print head that is "supposed" to last the life of the
printer!!!! What a *ing joke!!! This print head costs $70 and mine
did not even make it past the 2 year warranty!!!! I haven't even used
it that much!!! I've gone thru maybe over 500 pages of printing and I
have bought refills 3 times already!!! They're "supposed" to last 700
pages!!!!! Check the print head-it has gold laminated contacts-when
that gold wears out-and I tell you it will-poof!!! new print head--
cha-ching, cha-ching!!!! the BJC 4100 is slower and cheaper built-but
if you are dead set on Canon-please say you're not!-then this unit is
more user friendly---it comes with a disposable print head like all the
better models like the HP-855. no contacts to wear out-just throw them
away!-but god forbid you use something other than Canon ink!!! they
will void your warranty!!!-call Canon customer service and see how dumb
they play when you ask about the life of their print heads on the
610--- Sorry to burst your bubble-jet////the very model HP-855 that you
don't want is the one I fell in love with----see ya!

1. Opinions needed on Canon BJC-610

 Hi. I recently ordered a new Canon BJC-610 printer for $395 shipped and
it will arrive in a day or so. After all the negative comments regarding
this printer however, I am considering just sending it back w/out even
opening the box. If anyone has some opinions for or against keeping this
printer, could you please e-mail me. Any comments would certainly be
appreciated. Thanks.

Dan Richards

2. RAS disables internet

3. Canon Inkjet Printer Refills for the BJC-4100 and BJC-4000 printers

4. MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion

5. Looking for Canon BJC-4100 or BJC-4000 printer driver

6. Krass words

7. What is difference between Canon BJC-4000 and BJC-4100

8. Overlapped IO, Sockets, Completion Ports

9. Diff. between Canon bjc-4100 and bjc-4200

10. Canon BJC-4100 or BJC-4200?

11. CANON BJC-610 or BJC-620?

12. Canon BJC 4000 or 4100 opinions?

13. Canon BJC-610 and BJC-620 Not for A4???