Help with Panasonic KX-P2123 color please!

Help with Panasonic KX-P2123 color please!

Post by libr.. » Sun, 16 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have a Panasonic KX-P2123 with the color option enabled.  I got it used.  I
got the manual, but not the driver disk.  This is okay though because this
printer can emulate other printers.  This is what I have done.  This is fine
EXCEPT that I can't get it to print color.  It will print blak and white, green
and white, red and white, etc.  But not everything on the same
document/picture.  I can set it to use a certain color instead of black so I
can do red and white etc.  But this is set on the printer.  Is this because I
don't have the right driver, or is there some software option I have to turn on
or what?  Any and all help would be great.   Please send all replies to

1. HELP: Panasonic KX-P2123 + Windows + Color

I'm starting to wonder whether to just write off Panasonic products...

I'm having major problems printing in color on my Panasonic KX-P2123 printer
using the PANASONIC SUPPLIED windows 3.1 printer drivers. Almost every time
I print I end up with one of the color passes being completely mis-registered
(sometimes by an inch, sometimes more) on random passes. There seems to be
some printer or driver problem. I've tried printing from Paintbrush,
Ami Pro, and more... all give similar results. This is making my color
printing impossible...

So I called Panasonic a month or so ago. They passed me to "advanced tech
support" where somebody said he'd seen it before and since I have ROM
version A, I needed a ROM upgrade.

The chip arrived in the mail last week (rattling around in a box...) and
I installed it and re-installed the color kit for a test... the ROM
showed Version B, and my test printouts turned out identically awful.

I've already tried every Panasonic printer driver for the KX-P2123 that was
ever uploaded to a BBS or CompuServe (including both MS and Panasonic's
BBS).

So last week I called Panasonic again and was passed to either the same
person with amnesia, or a janitor filling in... he proceeded to tell me
that the other guy was wrong, there was no ROM problem, and it must be
my software. Oh, and by the way, the printer drivers are Microsoft's
responsibility! Take it to a Panasonic Service Center...   Before I had
a chance to tell this guy that I wasn't the only one with the problem,
<CLICK> he was gone.

So, if you own or use a Panasonic KX-P2123 with a color kit, and print
using Microsoft Windows 3.1, could you please e-mail (or post) the
details of your experience... does it work, and if so,  why?  I need
to collect ammunition for a third call to Panasonic...

(In the meantime, if you were planning to purchase a color dot-matrix
printer, I'd advise re-reading the above...)

thanks,

Roger
--

  /\/\otorola -=--==-==--=-    UUCP: {uw-beaver,uunet}!van-bc!mdivax1!theriaul
 /    \obile Data              CompuServe: 71332,730 (not too often)

2. Searching for a SMTP/SENDMAIL Log Analyzer

3. TL & SL

4. Panasonic KX-P2123 Color Help!

5. Amiga Dealer Going Out Business

6. color kit for panasonic kx-p2123

7. HELP with interrupt programming

8. Which color printer? Panasonic KX-P2123, HP500C

9. Need Driver for Panasonic KX-P2123 Color Printer

10. Color Problem w/ Panasonic KX-P2123....

11. Need Panasonic KX-P2123 color printer driver for Win3.1

12. HELP with Panasonic KX-P2123!