HP 970

Post by Tim Fiel » Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone experienced any problems with this printer?  Does it
handle printing both sides of a sheet effectively without smudging
the first?  Any replies welcome, regards,
Tim

HP 970

Post by John Nicholl » Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Has anyone experienced any problems with this printer?  Does it
> handle printing both sides of a sheet effectively without smudging
> the first?  Any replies welcome, regards,

I often have to print customised versions of a multi-page two-sided booklet
while a client is waiting, so I can tell you  the auto duplex printing works
very well. No smudging at all as each page is held for a few seconds to dry
before being passed back into the printer for the second side to be done.
You can actually do it quicker by manual duplexing, as you only have to wait
for the last sheet to dry before putting the pile back in the tray for side
two. But the auto is great if you want to leave it to look after itself.

John Nicholls