Can u use an us driver for a japanese version?

Can u use an us driver for a japanese version?

Post by Andreas Ros » Mon, 09 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
a friend of mine is living in japan now and wants to buy
a printer there (canon bjc-300j or something like that).
The drivers coming with it are just japanese of course and
would require her to install the japanese version of win95
which she dont wants - she has the US version running.
They told her to either buy an import printer or install the
japanese win95 in a hardware store there.
So can she just buy the japanese version of the printer and
download the US drivers from the canon homepage or use the
standard drivers coming with the us win95?
thx for any infos
greetings Andreas

--
Through the darkness of future past the magician longs to see
one chance out between two worlds 'Fire         walk with me.'

Post by Russ Wrigh » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,
>a friend of mine is living in japan now and wants to buy
>a printer there (canon bjc-300j or something like that).
>The drivers coming with it are just japanese of course and
>would require her to install the japanese version of win95
>which she dont wants - she has the US version running.
>They told her to either buy an import printer or install the
>japanese win95 in a hardware store there.
>So can she just buy the japanese version of the printer and
>download the US drivers from the canon homepage or use the
>standard drivers coming with the us win95?
>thx for any infos
>greetings Andreas

>--
>Through the darkness of future past the magician longs to see
>one chance out between two worlds 'Fire         walk with me.'
>                              the one-armed man's poem from TP

Normally with the Bubble Jets it is not a problem using Non Japanese
language drivers

if the printer is say a
BJC-240J then use the BJC-240 driver
BJC-455J then use the BJC-4550 driver