Panasonic KX-P2123 Color Help!

Post by S. Timothy Roebu » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

A friend just got a KX-P2123.  With the original black cartridge everything
works fine.  When he goes with 4 color ribbon,  and selects a picture in
Print Shop or something, he gets it in yellow.  Is there any adjustments to
be made?  It must be something he is doing wrong. Thanks in advance...

--
   My Escape From Unresourceful Thought is Illuminated Through
   My Knowledge of the Progression on the Enlightened Path.

1. HELP: Panasonic KX-P2123 + Windows + Color

I'm starting to wonder whether to just write off Panasonic products...

I'm having major problems printing in color on my Panasonic KX-P2123 printer
using the PANASONIC SUPPLIED windows 3.1 printer drivers. Almost every time
I print I end up with one of the color passes being completely mis-registered
(sometimes by an inch, sometimes more) on random passes. There seems to be
some printer or driver problem. I've tried printing from Paintbrush,
Ami Pro, and more... all give similar results. This is making my color
printing impossible...

So I called Panasonic a month or so ago. They passed me to "advanced tech
support" where somebody said he'd seen it before and since I have ROM
version A, I needed a ROM upgrade.

The chip arrived in the mail last week (rattling around in a box...) and
I installed it and re-installed the color kit for a test... the ROM
showed Version B, and my test printouts turned out identically awful.

I've already tried every Panasonic printer driver for the KX-P2123 that was
ever uploaded to a BBS or CompuServe (including both MS and Panasonic's
BBS).

So last week I called Panasonic again and was passed to either the same
person with amnesia, or a janitor filling in... he proceeded to tell me
that the other guy was wrong, there was no ROM problem, and it must be
my software. Oh, and by the way, the printer drivers are Microsoft's
responsibility! Take it to a Panasonic Service Center...   Before I had
a chance to tell this guy that I wasn't the only one with the problem,
<CLICK> he was gone.

So, if you own or use a Panasonic KX-P2123 with a color kit, and print
using Microsoft Windows 3.1, could you please e-mail (or post) the
details of your experience... does it work, and if so,  why?  I need
to collect ammunition for a third call to Panasonic...

(In the meantime, if you were planning to purchase a color dot-matrix
printer, I'd advise re-reading the above...)

thanks,

Roger
--

  /\/\otorola -=--==-==--=-    UUCP: {uw-beaver,uunet}!van-bc!mdivax1!theriaul
 /    \obile Data              CompuServe: 71332,730 (not too often)

2. graphics display

3. Formula for discount of third item bought by a customer

4. Help with Panasonic KX-P2123 color please!

5. History + Favorite IDE UI elements

6. color kit for panasonic kx-p2123

7. Where can I find ADOCE 2.1?

8. HELP with Panasonic KX-P2123!

9. Which color printer? Panasonic KX-P2123, HP500C

10. Need Driver for Panasonic KX-P2123 Color Printer

11. Need help setting a Panasonic KX-P2123 printer for use on

12. Color Problem w/ Panasonic KX-P2123....