cannon bjc-4000 incompatibility Help please

cannon bjc-4000 incompatibility Help please

Post by Gavi » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have a 430VX motherboard which I recently upgraded to.
Apparently there are compatibility problems with the ECP port sending data
to certain cannon printers, the bjc-4000 being one.
I checked the Microsoft knowledge base and have reconfigured the port to a
standard port.
I can now get it to print 4.5 lines before stopping.
Please can anybody give me information to remedy this situation, any advice
would be appreciated

                         Keith Denton
                            Leaden Roding, UK

cannon bjc-4000 incompatibility Help please

Post by Russ Wrigh » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

You still may need to make need to update the lpt.vxd file
did you make the changes in the CMOS/BIOS ??
--
Russ Wright
http://www.magmacom.com/~russrite/Canon_Drivers/

Quote:

> I have a 430VX motherboard which I recently upgraded to.
> Apparently there are compatibility problems with the ECP port sending
data
> to certain cannon printers, the bjc-4000 being one.
> I checked the Microsoft knowledge base and have reconfigured the port to
> standard port.
> I can now get it to print 4.5 lines before stopping.
> Please can anybody give me information to remedy this situation, any
advice
> would be appreciated

>                          Keith Denton
>                             Leaden Roding, UK

cannon bjc-4000 incompatibility Help please

Post by Bryan Gridl » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have a 430VX motherboard which I recently upgraded to.
>Apparently there are compatibility problems with the ECP port sending data
>to certain cannon printers, the bjc-4000 being one.
>I checked the Microsoft knowledge base and have reconfigured the port to a
>standard port.
>I can now get it to print 4.5 lines before stopping.
>Please can anybody give me information to remedy this situation, any advice
>would be appreciated

Actually the problem is not an "incompatibility" between an
ECP Port and a Canon printer.
The truth is that MANY bubblejet/Inkjet type printers do
better with the port set to either EPP or as a last resort
Standard.
Also, Win95 often upon installation will configure an ECP
port with a DMA. This can also present a problem and can be
checked by examining the ports "Resource Settings in Win95's
System Properties.
Also, on the BJC-4000 be sure you are using a Bi-directional
cable of 6' or less in length. This cable also needs to be
connected direct with no switch boxes or other devices
in-line or you may experience mixed results.

Bryan

*The views contained herein are my own*
*and are in no way intended to express*
*the views of my employer or any other*
*party.                               *

1. !! Help !! Cannon BJC-4000 **

I need some help on this model printer please...

I bought this printer from a friend and he didn't give me the documentation
for this printer.  So, I'm flying kinda blind here.

I got the printer and there were no ink cartridges in the printer.  I went
to CompUSA and bought the BCI-21 cartridges for both black and color.  I
tried to install them via the instructions on the printer cover and the
picture shows they fit straight up and down with the ink down... and the
label towards me.  However, they do not have a snug fit when installed this
way.  I'm wondering if I am missing a cartridge holder or tray or something
they first sit in, and then install.  The color cartridge seems to sit
perfect sideways, but the black won't because of a plastic lip on the
cartridge itself.

Basically.. I was wondering if first of all.. anyone knew where I could get
the documentation for this model printer without paying Canon $30 for a tech
support call.  Secondly, if these cartridge models were for the BJC-4000
model or if I am missing a piece for installing the cartridges.

Thanks for your help and input -

Troy Hunter

2. Homeseer update CM-11?

3. Reccomandatoins please for Cannon BJC 4000 vs. Epson Stylus Color, and Stylus II

4. ComboBox question

5. Canon BJC-4000 error Please Help

6. Virtual-cut-through routing

7. help please...bjc-4000/win95 problem

8. Backquotes and caret in vim 4.6 (DOS and Win32)

9. Help - Cannon BJC 4000 Will not print in Win 95

10. Cannon BJC-4000

11. FS: Cannon BJC-4000 ink cart.

12. Cannon BJC-4000 print print probem

13. cannon bjc-4000 error light