location of memory for HP IIP?

Post by arthur all » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Help:  I'm trying to change memory modules in my old HP IIP but I
 can't seem to find the memory to change it.  Could someone please
 tell me where in the printer the memory is located?  Thanks in advance
 for answering my dumb question.

location of memory for HP IIP?

Post by Jeff Wilkinso » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

On the back of the printer is a door with two screws holding it closed.
Loosen these screws (they don't come out, they are captured to the
cover) fold down the cover. Now you will see a second metal cover with
the green handle. Remove the one screw(hang onto this one as it does
come out) which is down and to the left of the green handle. Fold this
door down and you will see the memory slots on the upper right. Hope
this helps.

Jeff
All Laser Service       http://www.netcom.com/~laser/als.html

Quote:

Post by Michael Schust » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>Help:  I'm trying to change memory modules in my old HP IIP but I
> can't seem to find the memory to change it.  Could someone please
> tell me where in the printer the memory is located?  Thanks in advance
> for answering my dumb question.

Unscrew the 2 captive screws on the back panel (where the power and i/o
connectors are) and swing the panel away. Underneath is a metal plate,
held on by 4 (or so) screws, with a plastic handle attached. Remove the
screws, and remove the panel by curling it away by grasping the handle.
Once inside, the memory card slot is staring you in the face.

--

Post by Phil Puc » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>Help:  I'm trying to change memory modules in my old HP IIP but I
> can't seem to find the memory to change it.  Could someone please
> tell me where in the printer the memory is located?  Thanks in advance
> for answering my dumb question.

Remove the back cover (the part that the power cord passes through).

pdp

"
"Remove the back cover (the part that the power cord passes through).
"
"pdp

Cheapest way to upgrade is to use a daughter board with El Cheepo dram
hacked from old 286 motherboards... I just did that for my Laserjet
II.. now got 4.6Meg instead of .5..
Only thing I can tell you about the board is its made by Transcend
Information Inc. and it called JetRam...