IBM 5182 Wide-Carriage Color Dot Matrix Printer -- Driver Request

IBM 5182 Wide-Carriage Color Dot Matrix Printer -- Driver Request

Post by a.c. birdso » Mon, 10 Oct 1994 06:47:08

I'm moving an IBM 5182 Personal color Printer from an OS/2 system to a
Windows-based one. The driver I've been using I obtained from the
ftp-ibm.cdrom.com CD (it was a rebuilt os/2 1.3 driver).

The Windoze driver for this printer ("IBM Color Printer") only supports
8.5" page width. I'm looking for a driver that will support the full 14"
of the 5182.

Anybody who has a working windows driver for this printer (or,
alternatively, who has the source code for the os2 version) please notify
me by e-mail:

Any other hints (such as 100% compatible drivers) will be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,

theAman

1. Best Wide-Carriage Dot Matrix??

I didn't even know they made 'em anymore, but they do.

I have one user with an Epson LQ-2550 which she finds quite unacceptable.
Too many jams, etc.  She has requested I try to find her a better
wide-carriage dot matrix printer.  I see that Oki and Epson still make them,
but I can't find much info on their reliability.  Anyone know anything on
this subject?

TIA,

Jefferson Krogh
IS Manager
Kennerley Spratling, Inc.

2. MASM to GASP

3. Fast Dot Matrix Wide Carriage Printers

4. matrix concatenation within Stateflow

5. AMT250>>>wanted AMT/IBM color printer model 5182 driver

6. Cannot authenticate on domain

7. FA: Epson FX-1050 wide carriage Dot-Matrix Printer NO RESERVE

8. Is there a Chinese version of EasyCDCreator available?

9. WTB: Fujitsu DL3400 wide carriage dot matrix printer

10. FS: Wide Carriage Dot-Matrix $110.00

11. FS: Epson LQ-2070 Dot Matrix, Wide Carriage, 24 pin, Brand new!

12. Wide Carriage Dot Matrix or Plotter needed

13. ACT Writer 12S Wide carriage dot matrix