HP Deskjet 694 paper feed

Post by Bob S » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have an HP Deskjet 694 here I'm trying to fix that doesn't feed
paper.  The paper tray doesn't "lift" the paper up to contact the
rollers as it is supposed to.  I can force it to feed paper by pushing
the black plastic part of the mechanism that fits over the rollers
downward at just the right time in the print cycle.  Then it prints the
message "There is a Paper Mismatch!" and tells me that the "banner"
lever is set wrong (but it is set correctly).

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

--

Bob S.

Remove "$pamX" to reply.

HP Deskjet 694 paper feed

Post by MrBeak » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I don't know if I would advise it but this is how I fixed mine.  The
black rollers on mine were very smooth and would not grab the paper.  I
tried a few cleaning agents with limited improvement.  I almost tossed
the *&$%%^# printer in the garbage!  I then grabbed a piece of very fine
grade sandpaper and very carefully ruffed up the black rollers.  I
haven't had the problem occur since and its been about 6 months.

--
I hate Spammers!  Remove the "s" from my e-mail address to respond.

HP Deskjet 694 paper feed

Post by bullsey » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Sounds like something either got misaligned or the paper lift motor died on
you. Check here for a free estimate.
http://atlascopy.com
Regards,    Jeff

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Is your printer working properly? If not, we can help!
> Atlas Business Systems, Inc. 1-888-797-9011
> Serving the Entire United States, and then some....
> http://atlascopy.com

Quote:>I have an HP Deskjet 694 here I'm trying to fix that doesn't feed
>paper.  The paper tray doesn't "lift" the paper up to contact the
>rollers as it is supposed to.  I can force it to feed paper by pushing
>the black plastic part of the mechanism that fits over the rollers
>downward at just the right time in the print cycle.  Then it prints the
>message "There is a Paper Mismatch!" and tells me that the "banner"
>lever is set wrong (but it is set correctly).

>Anyone have any suggestions on this?

>--

>Bob S.

>Remove "$pamX" to reply.

1. hp 694 hi quality on reg paper

I woulf like to find out if the Hp 694 prints high(er) quality vs the
660c.  I realize that it has a photo carttridge that can be used.  I
am referring to printing with the normal balck/ and color cartridge
installed.  The  660 needs glossy paper to get 600 x 300.  Can the 694
do this on regular paper?  Do both printers use the same black/color
cartridges?  I am tring to figure if it is worth upgrading from 660 to
694.  Thanks

Ken

2. Auto.find : Trise., Tset., Mp overshoot

3. Experience with HP Deskjet 690/693/694

4. Best weapon ever?

5. HP DESKJET 694 C PRINTER SOFTWARE

6. RBF questions: Setting the center of bases and choosing #hidden layers

7. help: HP Deskjet 694 problem

8. HP deskjet 500C paper feed rollers not picking up paper...

9. HP 694 Noise

10. HP 694 C

11. Help! HP 694-C problem.

12. HP 694 C Problems