HP Deskjet 670C problem - 11 jets not working

HP Deskjet 670C problem - 11 jets not working

Post by Craig Sho » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:36:18

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. The problem is with the
printer hardware itself, it's not a software problem.  I know this because
the test page you can print by holding the paper feed button for 3 secs
shows the same thing.
What is happening is only half of the jets are working on the bottom half of
the black cartridge.  The colour one is fine, and i've just replaced the
black one to see if it was just the cartridge.
I pulled it apart this afternoon and took a look at the ribbon cable.  It
appears to be fine.

A word from the sample page the printer generates is on this picture
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/craigsho/print-sample.gif  (19kb)
And the bottom result of the print head clean page is on this picture
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/craigsho/printer-clean.gif (350kb)

If i'm understanding the cleaning page correctly, the jets not working are
28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48
Would there be a single line on the ribbon that would take out this group of
jets?  If there is which one is it so I can test it properly?

Thanks,
  Craig.

Post by will » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:30:11

> I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. The problem is with the
> printer hardware itself, it's not a software problem.  I know this
because
> the test page you can print by holding the paper feed button for 3 secs
> shows the same thing.
> What is happening is only half of the jets are working on the bottom
half of
> the black cartridge.  The colour one is fine, and i've just replaced the
> black one to see if it was just the cartridge.
> I pulled it apart this afternoon and took a look at the ribbon cable.  It
> appears to be fine.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Provided no gunk got on the ribbon and isn't kinked, the harness usually
is alright. I suspect your contacts maybe at fault. Clean with a damp
cloth the pins/nibs found where the ink cart seats. Make sure the parking
station wiper and also the waste dump isn't passing ink gunk to block
those nozzles, especially if this printer is used alot. Inspect the
carriage path for obivous signs of ink crud, etc. Wipe the ink cart nozzle
face of excess ink. You can reseat the harness at the logic bd. and clean
if neccessary.

good luck -----Willy

HP Deskjet 670C problem - 11 jets not working

Post by Yiann » Mon, 25 Jun 2001 06:40:38

It is the printer not the cartridge at least in my printer.

--

> >> I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. The problem is with
the
> >> printer hardware itself, it's not a software problem.  I know this
> >because
> >> the test page you can print by holding the paper feed button for 3 secs
> >> shows the same thing.
> >> What is happening is only half of the jets are working on the bottom
> >half of
> >> the black cartridge.  The colour one is fine, and i've just replaced
the
> >> black one to see if it was just the cartridge.
> >> I pulled it apart this afternoon and took a look at the ribbon cable.
It
> >> appears to be fine.

> >\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
> >Provided no gunk got on the ribbon and isn't kinked, the harness usually
> >is alright. I suspect your contacts maybe at fault. Clean with a damp
> >cloth the pins/nibs found where the ink cart seats. Make sure the parking
> >station wiper and also the waste dump isn't passing ink gunk to block
> >those nozzles, especially if this printer is used alot. Inspect the
> >carriage path for obivous signs of ink crud, etc. Wipe the ink cart
nozzle
> >face of excess ink. You can reseat the harness at the logic bd. and clean
> >if neccessary.

> >good luck -----Willy
> Sounds like your printhead is fried.
> I had the same problem.
> The only thing hat worked for me was to change the print qaulity from
normal
> to best.
> Hope this helps.

1. HP Laser Jet 11

The lower cooling fans do wear out and it can be a serious issue if you loose
that cooling capacity. You can feel the fan draft by putting your hand on the
lower rear portion of the printer by the louvers and verifying that air is
flowing.  If it's just making noise and you can live with, it it's probably
okay.  If it's not blowing air or stops making noise it should be replaced or
you can fry your formatter board.

--
Jeff                          http://www.all-laser.com
All Laser Service     Laser Printer Parts & Supplies

2. mime.univ-paris8.fr

3. Help - HP Cleaning Kit not working with Office Jet 610

4. OT: Terminal Server

5. Yellow Ink Jet Not Working on HP 722C

6. Multimedia mail

7. HP deskjet 670C problems

8. Is there anny clock trimming software available?

9. Which 11"x17" color inkjet printer will work with Windows NT?

10. Problem with HP Deskjet 670C

11. Printing problem with HP Deskjet 670C

12. hp 670c deskjet PROBLEM !

13. HP Deskjet 670C and 610C problems