HP LaserJet 5M vs HP 6P

Post by Kim Kemmerl » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have a friend who has a LaserJet 5M and after "warming up" and printing
1- page (if it's still warm) it will print other pages instantly, without
having to wait until it "warms up" again.

At the local Computer Store they have a HP 6P on display.  After it "warms
up" and prints 1- page I noticed to print another page it has to wait
through another "warm up cycle", -even though I know it's already warm!

I was wondering if this is just the way the "Demo Model" at the local store
has been "Setup"?  It's an HP "Display Setup" (without a computer
attached).  It just prints a document by pressing "1 of 3- buttons on a
little box" attached to the printer.

Does anyone own a HP 6P that knows if "after an initial warm up cycle" (and
if the printer has printed a document within "say 30- sec's or so"), if it
will print other documents without having to wait for another "warm up
cycle"?

Any comments would greatly be appreciated as I am considering purchasing a
HP 6P, right after the Holidays.  I would really like to have the
availability of say a "second or third print" immediatly after printing a
document -like the LaserJet 5M affords!  (I really don't want to "wait
around for the printer to 'warm up all over again', if I know it's already
just "warmed up" after just printing a document "say 30-60 sec's ago".)

Thanks in advance!!

Sincerly,
Kim Kemmerly

HP LaserJet 5M vs HP 6P

Post by Karin Adamczy » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have a 6P and I'm sure the warm up you mention had something to do with
their set up. You can configure the 6P to use the 'waddayacallit' energy
friendly setting. I do not use that setting and have no such problems. I am
very satisfied with my printer -- I've had it over a year now and have had
no problems whatsoever.

Regards,
Karin Adamczyk

>I have a friend who has a LaserJet 5M and after "warming up" and printing
>1- page (if it's still warm) it will print other pages instantly, without
>having to wait until it "warms up" again.

>At the local Computer Store they have a HP 6P on display.  After it "warms
>up" and prints 1- page I noticed to print another page it has to wait
>through another "warm up cycle", -even though I know it's already warm!

>I was wondering if this is just the way the "Demo Model" at the local store
>has been "Setup"?  It's an HP "Display Setup" (without a computer
>attached).  It just prints a document by pressing "1 of 3- buttons on a
>little box" attached to the printer.

>Does anyone own a HP 6P that knows if "after an initial warm up cycle" (and
>if the printer has printed a document within "say 30- sec's or so"), if it
>will print other documents without having to wait for another "warm up
>cycle"?

>Any comments would greatly be appreciated as I am considering purchasing a
>HP 6P, right after the Holidays.  I would really like to have the
>availability of say a "second or third print" immediatly after printing a
>document -like the LaserJet 5M affords!  (I really don't want to "wait
>around for the printer to 'warm up all over again', if I know it's already
>just "warmed up" after just printing a document "say 30-60 sec's ago".)

>Thanks in advance!!

>Sincerly,
>Kim Kemmerly

1. Optra C pro vs Optra SC1275N vs HP Color Laserjet 5M

I need to buy a networked color laser that does postscript. I've come down
to the three
above. Anyone any opinions as to the best of the buch?

(Advocates of Tektronix and Xerox printers can add their 2c as well)

-Doug

--
      Doug Moncur,  Head of Personal Systems,
      Computing Service,  University of York, York YO1 5DD

2. Desperatly seeking Spectrum+ Keyboard membrane!!!

3. HP LaserJet+ to HP LaserJet 5M upgrade causes WordPerfect 5.1 Dos troubles.

4. Screened lines on LJ4V (was Re: hplj4v and a3, any success ?)

5. HP Color LaserJet 5M vs Tektronix 350

6. ARP packet specs. Missing some constants :-(

7. HP laserjet 5M vs duplex printing

8. How can I tell the performance difference?

9. Lexmark Optra Rn+ vs HP LaserJet 5M

10. HP LaserJet 6P v. new HP LaserJet 1100

11. NEC 870 vs HP LaserJet 6P?

12. HP LaserJet 6L vs. 6P

13. HP 5L vs 5P vs 6P