Panasonic KX-P2123

Post by efox » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I am having problems with my 24 pin dot-matrix printer.
I use it for draft printing. I use my other printer for the 'good'
stuff.

For the last several ribbons, the quality of the print job is less than
acceptable. I thought at first it was the ribbon quality. I switched to
the Panasonic brand. I still have the same problem. It will print ok,
then lightly or not at all. This is not consistent. I can have several
pages with no problem and then have one page that has two 'light' areas
on it. At times the ribbon has appeared 'stuck'. When I advance the
ribbon, then it will work. Again this is not consistent.

Any suggestions for how I may troubleshoot and fix this problem? I am
not close enough to repair places to make it worth it to have $$$ put
into repair.

Thanks,
E. FOX

Panasonic KX-P2123

Post by Ben Sto » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>I am having problems with my 24 pin dot-matrix printer.
>I use it for draft printing. I use my other printer for the 'good'
>stuff.

>For the last several ribbons, the quality of the print job is less than
>acceptable. I thought at first it was the ribbon quality. I switched to
>the Panasonic brand. I still have the same problem. It will print ok,
>then lightly or not at all. This is not consistent. I can have several
>pages with no problem and then have one page that has two 'light' areas
>on it. At times the ribbon has appeared 'stuck'. When I advance the
>ribbon, then it will work. Again this is not consistent.

>Any suggestions for how I may troubleshoot and fix this problem? I am
>not close enough to repair places to make it worth it to have $$$ put
>into repair.

   I know this sounds too much like the obvious... but your thickness lever
didn't get pulled back on you did it?  It's happened to me a couple of times
before it dawned on me what was going on....

--
   ----- connected at 33,333 baud.... modern x2 technology ------
Ben Stong

1. panasonic KX-P2123

I'm trying to print checks on this printer.  My problem, the checks are 7
inches in length and I do not know how to set the printer for printing the
checks.  It has settings for various lengths, but not the one I need.  Any
help or suggestions would surely be appreciated.

2. HOW TO EXTRACT

3. Panasonic KX-P2123 broken

4. Anybody ever use

5. panasonic KX-P2123

6. FS:A1200 priced to sell

7. color kit for panasonic kx-p2123

8. systems

9. Panasonic kx-p2123 trouble

10. Panasonic KX-P2123 prints 16" pages when set for 11"

11. Panasonic KX-P2123

12. Need Driver for Panasonic KX-P2123 Color Printer