HP 712C, 812C?

Post by larrymoencurl » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

What are the differences between the 712C/710C and the
newer 812C/810C, other than a slightly faster print speed
and higher price?

HP 712C, 812C?

Post by Ruff-Cu » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>What are the differences between the 712C/710C and the
>newer 812C/810C, other than a slightly faster print speed
>and higher price?

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network
*
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

   I was told that the 812C uses a new ink cartridge and print head. This
was the only HP that performed well with fine print when I was shopping
for a printer. Look in the lower left corner of a test print,and you'll see
the
HP logo with the words "Always Sharp"-"Always Clear" in fine print. Well
even the more expensive 895 wasn't very sharp or clear. I think the newer
812C outperformed all the other HP's. Currently the 812 is only $50
more than the 712.

Ruff-Cut

1. HP 712c & HP 812c..what's the difference?

  The 7xx series are host-based printers. They will work ONLY with Windows
drivers. They will not work in MS-DOS mode or Linux. DOS programs running under
Windows 9x may or may not work, depending on how they access the printer. Under
NT, DOS programs will not work, period. They use your computer's CPU to convert
EVERTYHING, even plain text, into low-level graphics. All that graphics data
then has to be dumped across the parallel port to the printer.

  The 8xx series (other than the old 820), are full PCL printers. You can do a
simple print dump to them, even in DOS, or even sometimes during your BIOS
setup. Depending on what you are printing, the driver can simply send plain text
to it, or even program a character set and have it print it. This is much
faster, and there is much less data to send to the printer.

  Finally, be aware that Intel is pushing very hard to eliminate 'legacy' ports
from computers. This means parallel, serial, keyboard and mouse ports. The only
connections would be USB and possibly 100-BaseT ethernet. There are already some
of these computers out, and they will become common within a year or so.

All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!
http://www.ntsource.com/~andyross

2. Help: W/Apple LaserWriter Plus and my PC

3. 712c vs 812c

4. Help! getpid() got SIGBUS!!

5. HP 895cxi marked as HP 812c

6. internal mailgroups

7. HP 710C & HP 712C what's the difference

8. HELP WITH POLYLINES

9. HP 712C and HP 722C

10. Problems with HP Jetdirect 300X and HP DeskJet 712C

11. HP 812C problem

12. MS Word 97 Print Range and HP 812C

13. Canon FB620U Scanner/HP Printer 812C conflict