Booklet Margins won't Align..!?

Post by JGB » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

I hope someone can help, i have a problem that so far my own trial &
error testing hasn't been able to solve, maybe I've missed something in
my workflow that one of you observant people can point out to me.

I've designed a 4 page booklet in MSpub 97, set it up as a bookfold to
print on an A3(420mm x 297mm) sheet in landscape orientation. I have
printed these to a watched folder and had Acrobat Distiller convert
them into .pdf documents for storage, emailing etc.
When I print these documents on a Ricoh/Fiery Aficio 4006 colour duplex
printer, the borders on the pages don't align with those over the page.
Its as if the whole face each side has shifted over.

I have tried different margin settings in order to compensate for or
mask the effect of the leading edge unprintable area on my printer but
it just seems to make it worse. I've tried both single page layout
guides settings and the booklet gutter margin/ reflected layout guides
setting, but to no avail.

Is there a way to overcome this? I have altered the settings on both
the printer and Distiller in the 'unprintable area' dialog box and this
didn't have the desired effect.

This project is already late now, so if anyone knows of something i
haven't done yet, or of a peculiar quirk in this kind of document, then
your help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Julius

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. hp 610 office jet - won't align cartridges

My 1 year old HP Office Jet 610 has all of a sudden decided it will not
align the print cartridges. The screen flashes VERY fast past the align
statement, then the box opens up on the taskbar for printing, but it does
nothing. I have tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it 3 times,
reformatting the hard drive and a fresh install of Win 98. Comm test in
printer maint. box says everything ok. It will do everything else (scan,
fax, copy), it just won't allow that particular maint. item. I have replaced
both cartridges. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance.
Ron

2. Help with leading zeros

3. right margin won't prind/ HP LaserJet II

4. I love OS/2

5. New Free Booklet 'How to refill your inkjet' ...........

6. color monitor blacks out

7. Free Booklet 'How to refill your inkjet' www.inky-fingers.co.uk

8. Free Booklet 'How to refill your inkjet printer!' www.inky-fingers.co.uk

9. Free Booklet 'How to refill your inkjet' www.inky-fingers.co.uk

10. Free Booklet 'How to Refill Your Inkjet' http://www.inky-fingers.co.uk

11. Free 24 page booklet 'How to refill your inkjet printer' UK only

12. Free Booklet 'HOW TO REFILL YOUR INKJET' printed with refill inks