Question:Any Difference Between HP712C & 812C?

Question:Any Difference Between HP712C & 812C?

Post by hKiDrEaM » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi, does anyone know if there is any difference between the HP DeskJet 712C
and the new 812C?  Thanks in advance your reply.

Question:Any Difference Between HP712C & 812C?

Post by seffe » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

HEy
I just bought a 812 and there is more ram.......... and it uses a different
black cart...
It's a little faster and I think it has better text output...on plain
paper..
I haven't tested it with anything else , because all I have is plain old
paper.
It look for my previous post on the 812 for more info. It's not bad for
$189... are you looking at Best Buy to get the printer? later.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

>Hi, does anyone know if there is any difference between the HP DeskJet 712C
>and the new 812C?  Thanks in advance your reply.

Question:Any Difference Between HP712C & 812C?

Post by Corvat » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

The 812 has usb/imac support, but the drawback is the new black cartridge
gives you less ink for your dollar than the classic 51645a cartridge.

>Hi, does anyone know if there is any difference between the HP DeskJet 712C
>and the new 812C?  Thanks in advance your reply.

Question:Any Difference Between HP712C & 812C?

Post by hKiDrEaM » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Nope, I'm looking to Good Guys to buy it, or Compusa.  I've got a 712C that
I bought for $199.00 last week, but the price drop to $149.00 and I was
thinking of getting my money back and upgrading to the 812C.  Or getting my
50 dollar difference back and keeping my 712C.  What is your opinion?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Post by fk.. » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

 > Hi, does anyone know if there is any difference between the HP DeskJet
712C
 > and the new 812C?

According to an article in the June 1999 issue of the Hard Copy Supplies
Journal, the 812C uses a new black cartridge (C6615A) that is not
interchangeable with any of HP's other cartridges. It contains the same
amount of ink as the 51645G cartridge used in the 712C.  Yet the C6615A
cartridge sells for about $29 while the 51645G sells for about $17.00 and
you can also buy a 51645A cartridge for the 712C which has about twice as
much ink as the "G" version for about $27.00.  Another difference is that
the 812C output speed is slightly slower than the 712C.

Of course you can choose to refill your cartridges and then the supply cost
differences are eliminated.

Sincerely,
Fred Keen

Repeat-O-Type Mfg. Corp., 665 State Highway 23,Wayne, NJ 07470-6892
Visit http://www.repeatotype.com for info on our complete line of
inkjet refills, cartridges & PICTURE PERFECT papers.
Phone: (973) 696-3330 Toll Free: (800) 288-3330 Fax: (973) 694-7287

1. HP 712c & HP 812c..what's the difference?

  The 7xx series are host-based printers. They will work ONLY with Windows
drivers. They will not work in MS-DOS mode or Linux. DOS programs running under
Windows 9x may or may not work, depending on how they access the printer. Under
NT, DOS programs will not work, period. They use your computer's CPU to convert
EVERTYHING, even plain text, into low-level graphics. All that graphics data
then has to be dumped across the parallel port to the printer.

  The 8xx series (other than the old 820), are full PCL printers. You can do a
simple print dump to them, even in DOS, or even sometimes during your BIOS
setup. Depending on what you are printing, the driver can simply send plain text
to it, or even program a character set and have it print it. This is much
faster, and there is much less data to send to the printer.

  Finally, be aware that Intel is pushing very hard to eliminate 'legacy' ports
from computers. This means parallel, serial, keyboard and mouse ports. The only
connections would be USB and possibly 100-BaseT ethernet. There are already some
of these computers out, and they will become common within a year or so.

All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!
http://www.ntsource.com/~andyross

2. Apple Multi-Scan 20 Display

3. differences between HP 810C and 812C printers

4. Anybody interested in trading my IPAQ 3955 for a HP 720?

5. Windows 2000 & HP712C Duplex Printing?

6. Ending balance not correct-money 98

7. WordPerfect, HP712C, & Envelope Printing Error

8. Using color

9. HP 812C Questions

10. Questions About HP 810/812C Printers

11. HP 812C, 1284 Cable & Win95 Printer Icon

12. important question about dpi & picoliter & resolution!

13. EPSON ink differences by model question