Courier Scaleable on HP III

Post by Dick Sawcz » Sun, 07 Aug 1994 07:37:37

        I'm looking for a font cartridge to enable the Courier Scaleable
font as found on the HPIV or the Lexmark 3039plus in a HPIII.  Does anyone
know which one I need or does HP have an FTP or Mail Server where I could
possibly find some downloadable?

        By the way, Lexmark does have an FTP Server (ftp.lexmark.com) if
anyone is interested.

Thanks,
* Sawczuk

--
Regards,
* S.

Courier Scaleable on HP III

Post by Harvey Fishm » Tue, 09 Aug 1994 04:29:05

Quote:>    I'm looking for a font cartridge to enable the Courier Scaleable
> font as found on the HPIV or the Lexmark 3039plus in a HPIII.  Does anyone
> know which one I need or does HP have an FTP or Mail Server where I could
> possibly find some downloadable?

Pardon me for second guessing, but do you really have an application that
precludes scaling in a computer and then downloading?  That is generally a
lot more efficient, especially with an older printer such as the HP III
that has a relatively slow processor.  There are a lot of inexpensive or
free versions of Courier outline sets in either Type 1 or TrueType
available (although there are a LOT more Type 1 sets).

I have a IIIp and use Word 6 with ATM 2.6.  When I print a file using Type
1 faces, Word squirts the file down to the printer a LOT faster than the
printer can print it.  More than fast enough so that the 8 ppm HP III
would be printing at full speed.  And I only have a 386SX-20.

Harvey

 Harvey Fishman   |

  718-258-7276    |

1. HP III Scalable Fonts from FoxPro

Hi... I just ran across this conference, so I figured I would
post my "problem" and see if I could get some responses.

What I'm trying to do is to reproduce our company's letter-head
on a few of our printers.  So far, I've been able to do it on
the HP 4L, but for some reason, I can't get any of the fonts
in the HP III to scale.

Basically, what I've sent is:
CHR(27) + "(s4101t48v2H" + "RIT"

The results are... no scaling what-so-ever.  I realize that the
two printers support different versions of PCL.  However, I also
realize that I should be able to scale the fonts in the III.
And, each off the commands are listed in both manuals...  HP wants
$25 per phone call on their tech line.  :(

Any help would be appreciated!

                                        - Jason Domey

                                          Physical Plant Division
                                          Database Programmer

2. Motorola CPV5000

3. HP III bitmap -> scalable fonts

4. Scenario

5. LaserJet III scalable fonts question

6. TELNET / Winsock

7. Backquote in Courier font on HP-IIIsi

8. Telarium games - How to make a save disk?

9. HP IIISi Courier font problem

10. Help--HP 6L's Courier font is too light

11. old HP IIIP - scalable fonts?

12. Postscript vs. HP Scalable Fonts

13. scalable HP-DJ driver + winword symbols ???