Printing from DOS

Post by Marty Luthe » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a Xerox P8 laser printer,  and a few of my programs are DOS based.
Is there any way possible to print to this printer from Dos?  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Printing from DOS

Post by Andrew Rossman » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> I have a Xerox P8 laser printer,  and a few of my programs are DOS based.
> Is there any way possible to print to this printer from Dos?  Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

  From what miniscule information I can see on Xerox's web site, this is a
host-based printer. It supports only Win3.x, Win9x, and NT. Host-based printers
typically use your computer for their brains. The only way your DOS programs may
work is if they run under Windows. Otherwise, you will need to get new programs,
or a different printer.

All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!
http://www.ntsource.com/~andyross