Stylus Color II VS Canon BJC 610

Post by Scott Thatch » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Which of these printers is better?

output?
Price to Maintain?
Use with Win95?
Glitches?

They are so similar I don't know which to buy.
I know epson has a web page, does canon?

Scott Thatcher
(reply here) or

--

Stylus Color II VS Canon BJC 610

Post by Susan Nel » Sat, 18 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi Scott,

I just wanted to add a little information to your decision making....

I own an Epson Action Laser II, and although the quality of the printout
is very nice, the unit has a major design flaw. Not sure why, but
something in the way the machine was made makes it "eat" photoconductor
units. These units are supposed to be good for 30,000 pages and most
folks are only getting about 2000 or 3000 copies out of them before
having to replace them.(They are pretty pricey too...between $180 &
$250)

In the past 48 hours - I have contacted 12 people who have had this same
problem with this printer.....Epson REFUSES to support this product or
admit there is a problem. When I tried to talk with their "Customer
Relations" department, they hung up on me!!

I don't advise purchasing a machine from a company that treats their
customers this way....your money would be better spent somewhere else...
just my opionion..

Susan
Portland, Oregon

Post by Louis Jaf » Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>I know epson has a web page, does canon?

     http://www.canon.com/

surprisingly enough.  Has some printer info, but nothing too
informative other than basic model lineup and specs.

Post by Leon Koniecz » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>>I know epson has a web page, does canon?
>     http://www.canon.com/
>surprisingly enough.  Has some printer info, but nothing too
>informative other than basic model lineup and specs.

however, if you follow the link to their european Canon site, there
are a multitude of printer drivers available there.  Hopefully they
will come to the US site soon!!

Post by Bob » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Date:       Sun, 19 Nov 1995 00:41:59 GMT

>Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers
>Subject:    Re: Stylus Color II VS Canon BJC 610

>>>I know epson has a web page, does canon?

>>     http://www.canon.com/

>>surprisingly enough.  Has some printer info, but nothing too
>>informative other than basic model lineup and specs.

>however, if you follow the link to their european Canon site, there
>are a multitude of printer drivers available there.  Hopefully they
>will come to the US site soon!!

Did you notice any drivers for the BJ610 at the Canon european site? I
didn't see any.

Bob G.