Thick paper in Canon I950

Post by Jerry Schwart » Sun, 25 May 2003 04:47:25

The instructions say not to use anything heavier than 28lb paper (except Canon's own brand, of course). So far I haven't had any trouble with 35lb paper, but is this just a CYA thing on their part?

--

Jerry Schwartz

FidoNet 1:142/928
http://www.writebynight.com

Thick paper in Canon I950

Post by Norm » Mon, 26 May 2003 01:50:35

The exact wording is used in the paragraph titled "Media to Avoid" in the manual of my S520.  I've used 110lb. card stock and it works just fine.

  The instructions say not to use anything heavier than 28lb paper (except Canon's own brand, of course). So far I haven't had any trouble with 35lb paper, but is this just a CYA thing on their part?

  --

  Jerry Schwartz

  FidoNet 1:142/928
  http://www.writebynight.com

Thick paper in Canon I950

Post by Larr » Mon, 26 May 2003 02:41:24

I use Red River 66lb Polar White Glossy Photo all the time.  No issues.

Larry

  The instructions say not to use anything heavier than 28lb paper (except Canon's own brand, of course). So far I haven't had any trouble with 35lb paper, but is this just a CYA thing on their part?

  --

  Jerry Schwartz

  FidoNet 1:142/928
  http://www.writebynight.com

Thick paper in Canon I950

Post by Jerry Schwart » Mon, 26 May 2003 06:32:34

Thanks. I haven't had any trouble, either, so I'll worry when I do.

--

Jerry Schwartz

FidoNet 1:142/928
http://www.writebynight.com

  The instructions say not to use anything heavier than 28lb paper (except Canon's own brand, of course). So far I haven't had any trouble with 35lb paper, but is this just a CYA thing on their part?

  --

  Jerry Schwartz

  FidoNet 1:142/928
  http://www.writebynight.com

1. Paper and USB cable for Canon i950 printer (Owner's advice needed)

I've just ordered the i950 to replace my (broken) HP Photosmart P1000.
I would like to prepare for its' arrival by purchasing appropriate
photo paper and a USB cable.  Can anyone with this printer advise as
to a source for paper (best prices) and also indicate if there is any
special type of USB cable that I should acquire.

With respect to paper: my impression from what I have read on the web
is that there is a difference between Canon Photopaper Plus and a
borderless (pro) version (8X11).  Can borderless prints be obtained
from the plus version as well as the pro version?  I still have a
substantial supply of HP Premium Plus photo paper on hand.  Can this
be used on the i950?

Thanks for the help.

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

2. connect to existing appleshare network

3. Canon i950 and Kodak Ultima paper

4. Atomwide seeking technical staff

5. Canon i950 and Kodak Premium Picture Paper

6. ado.net

7. Inkjet printer for thick stock paper

8. HP Tech support doesn't respond! Anyone here help????

9. Thick paper feed on Epson 2200

10. Best Color Printer for Thick Paper

11. Thick, acid-free paper for Alps?

12. Laserprinter and thick paper, question!!!!!!

13. Help: Which color ink-printer for THICK paper ?