printer doesn't align

Post by Maria Manuel Coelh » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:18:36

Hi.

I've got a Lexmark Z11, and I decided to refill the cartridge because they
are SO expensive...I was really happy with the result, until today.
Meanwhile, I had to change my OS to Windows ME...and had to install the
printer again...Then, things got bad...Besides making sounds, to align the
cartridge I'd have to select a nr. lower than 0 (zero) because the latter is
the closest to a "straight" line... Since I had changed OS, I went to
Lexmark to get a new driver...intalled again, things stayed the same...The
printer test is perfect...When I print a whole page ful of text, the phrases
show up in 3 colours, a bit separated from each other...(the text was in
black)...

Can anyone help me please???

Maria

printer doesn't align

Post by Je » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:32:14

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:18:36 +0100, "Maria Manuel Coelho"

I'd remove and reinsert the cart to make sure it is seated properly.
And maybe try some middle value numbers on the alignment and
test prints to see what happens. (if it gets any better)

Quote:

>I've got a Lexmark Z11, and I decided to refill the cartridge because they
>are SO expensive...I was really happy with the result, until today.
>Meanwhile, I had to change my OS to Windows ME...and had to install the
>printer again...Then, things got bad...Besides making sounds, to align the
>cartridge I'd have to select a nr. lower than 0 (zero) because the latter is
>the closest to a "straight" line... Since I had changed OS, I went to
>Lexmark to get a new driver...intalled again, things stayed the same...The
>printer test is perfect...When I print a whole page ful of text, the phrases
>show up in 3 colours, a bit separated from each other...(the text was in
>black)...

printer doesn't align

Post by Maria Manuel Coelh » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:49:18

I have already removed and reinserted the cart several times...about middle
values...I'm going to try...

Thanks!!

Maria

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:18:36 +0100, "Maria Manuel Coelho"

> I'd remove and reinsert the cart to make sure it is seated properly.
> And maybe try some middle value numbers on the alignment and
> test prints to see what happens. (if it gets any better)

> >I've got a Lexmark Z11, and I decided to refill the cartridge because
they
> >are SO expensive...I was really happy with the result, until today.
> >Meanwhile, I had to change my OS to Windows ME...and had to install the
> >printer again...Then, things got bad...Besides making sounds, to align
the
> >cartridge I'd have to select a nr. lower than 0 (zero) because the latter
is
> >the closest to a "straight" line... Since I had changed OS, I went to
> >Lexmark to get a new driver...intalled again, things stayed the
same...The
> >printer test is perfect...When I print a whole page ful of text, the
phrases
> >show up in 3 colours, a bit separated from each other...(the text was in
> >black)...

1. HP ftp site's HP-4L windows driver doesn't run!

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade the HP-4L driver we got to the one put out in
hp's ftp site. The exe name is lj250en.exe. After I unzipped the stuff,
and tried to add it into the printer driver install menu, it complained
everytime that "the said driver is currently used by Windows", and
stopped. I've removed every printer in the box and the problem persisted.

I tried the same on another machine, same problem. Has anyone encountered
this before? BTW, we're running Windows for Workgroup 3.11.

Thanks in advance,
Kai
--

Kai O'Yang, PSCIT, Peninsula Campus, Monash Uni, Frankston, VIC 3199, Australia.

2. StorageTek Timberwolf 9730 and Omniback II 4.01 w/ Win2k advanced server

3. Epson 800 doesn't work on Windows '98

4. MP3's to "normal" cd's?

5. Why doesn't HP employee's answer any tech questions?

6. Amanda Backup

7. HP doesn't repair 1200C's !!!

8. SMTP address conversion problems

9. hp 882c can't align

10. hp 610 office jet - won't align cartridges

11. Booklet Margins won't Align..!?

12. Printer doesn't work after suspend

13. Printer doesn't print