Epson Ink Carts

Post by sidesw.. » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

        Does anyone know why we have to remove the tape seal from the
top of the cartridge when we put a new one in?  And why do those
refill kits always tell you drill a hole at the end of the cartridge.
Wouldn't it be better to poke a hole through the plastic seal on the
top of the cartridge?

Epson Ink Carts

Post by Bob Retel » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>    Does anyone know why we have to remove the tape seal from the
>top of the cartridge when we put a new one in?  And why do those
>refill kits always tell you drill a hole at the end of the cartridge.
>Wouldn't it be better to poke a hole through the plastic seal on the
>top of the cartridge?

The tape covers the air vent which lets air into the cartridge to
equalize the pressure as ink is drawn out the bottom.  Without the air
vent a vacuum would build up and ink wouldn't flow out of the
cartridge.

The tape is there to keep ink from flowing out of the cartridge before
it is installed in the printer.

As for refilling holes, each cartridge is different, and I figure the
refill vendors have probably tried every possible combination already,
and are recommending the easiest and safest method they've found.

BobR

1. Epson printers and non-epson ink carts

I think Epson have fixed their drivers somehow to not work properly when
non-Epson carts are used.
I bought a black cart for a 790, and after the usual 'this is not a genuine
Epson cart' message, started to have loads of probs printing - the nozzles
always blocked, lots of head cleaning needed before EVERY print, very poor
quality black printing and strange printing problems - could not even do a
head allignment. Then I bought a genuine Epson colour cart - and hey presto!
The BLACK cart no longer had any problems - prints perfectly every time. The
only thing that changed is that I inserted an Epson colour cart - and did
not touch the black. Either a coincidence or the drivers are fixed somehow
so that after inserting a non-Epson cart it does not behave normally...

2. FP2K & Index Server

3. epson ink carts help

4. Web services and Apache?

5. New Epson ink cart with improved gasfastness

6. Managing two difference database with one SQL statement !

7. Epson Ink Carts.

8. Solaris Threads

9. REQ: Info on Generic Epson Ink carts

10. Epson Ink cart not empty

11. TRICK to re-use used-up Epson ink carts

12. Epson ink carts at BuyComp

13. BJC 7000 insists ink cart empty, but new cart installed ??