HP 850C or Cannon BJC-610 which is better?

HP 850C or Cannon BJC-610 which is better?

Post by Michael Behle » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

     I plan to purchase an color printer very soon at Office Depot.  It
     looks like the store pushes these two color printers, the
     HP 850C and the Canon BJC-610. Both look about the same to me.
     What is the better deal or is there another brand I should be
     looking at.  The cost is not that important since I will have the
     printer for several years and a few hundered dollars will not make
     much difference, but $800.00 is my max.  Both printers sell for
     around $500.00?  Any help?

     Mike

HP 850C or Cannon BJC-610 which is better?

Post by Todd Lani » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>     I plan to purchase an color printer very soon at Office Depot.  It
>     looks like the store pushes these two color printers, the
>     HP 850C and the Canon BJC-610. Both look about the same to me.
>     What is the better deal or is there another brand I should be
>     looking at.  The cost is not that important since I will have the
>     printer for several years and a few hundered dollars will not make
>     much difference, but $800.00 is my max.  Both printers sell for
>     around $500.00?  Any help?

>     Mike

Something about the Canon you should know.  720dpi resolution is only available
using the driver in Windows.  If you're using it for DOS beware.

I looked at the same two printers you're considering now and bought the Canon.
My overriding concern was text print quality.  The HP had a "blur" that has
been commented on several times in this newsgroup.  The Canon, while slower,
has excellent quality text printing.  The HP is faster, but if quality output
counts go with the Canon barring the Windows limitation.

Couple more things - the Canon has a two year warranty versus the one year on
the HP.  The Canon has four separate ink tanks, the HP two (one black, one
color).  The HP 85X series has a long history of problems here on the newsgroup
particularly with black text printing.  Both have excellent support based on
comments here and my personal experience with Canon.  Overall it depends on
what's more important - speed or quality print.

Resolutions offers another difference.  Canon's is 720x720 on plain paper, HP's
is 600x600 (unsure of paper type).  The only other manufacturer to make that
claim is Epson with their Color Stylus Pro at $800.  If money's no object check
into it.  It's technology is different, saves ink (costs less to print), and so
far based on comments here is the unanimous winner in print quality.

Todd

1. What to chose: Canon BJC-610 or HP 660C / 850C?

Hi!

Does anyone have any experiences with significant differences between the

- Canon BJC-610

     and

- HP 660C / 850C

color printers, that should make one chose to buy one instead of the
other?
Or are they merely all have almost the same performance?

I consider to buy a color printer, and I am primarily interested in
comments on the printing quality, the printing speed, the driver
capabilities for win 3.1. / win95 and especially:

- Do the manufacturers statements to the life time of toner cartridges
hold?

- And does anybody know the cost related to re-filling the toner
cartridges of the respective devices?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

  Jesper, Denmark.

2. Stacker 3.0 password lost

3. EPSON Stylus Pro vs. Canon BJC-610 which is better, need Info !

4. Need help disabling screen blanker

5. Cannon BJC-610 (problems)

6. Powerpoint

7. CANNON BJC-610 Assistance required PLEASE!

8. arcserve and compression

9. WTB: Cannon bjc-610

10. Cannon BJC-610 have network card?

11. Info on cannon BJC-610 ?