any info on using Japanese Epson w/English Windows??

any info on using Japanese Epson w/English Windows??

Post by Toby » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:02:11

I'm considering purchase of an Epson 4000 (equivalent to the 2200 in the
US--2100 in Europe). Does anyone know if this printer will work with its
Japanese software on a computer running English Win 2K (with Japanese
language pack installed)? Even better--can this printer be used with the
2200 English software or will there be a problem because of the firmware?

any ideas, info, links appreciated.

TIA

Toby

remove one 'g' from 'ggol.com' to reply by e-mail

any info on using Japanese Epson w/English Windows??

Post by Jim Davi » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:49:53

wrote/replied to:

Quote:>I'm considering purchase of an Epson 4000 (equivalent to the 2200 in the
>US--2100 in Europe). Does anyone know if this printer will work with its
>Japanese software on a computer running English Win 2K (with Japanese
>language pack installed)? Even better--can this printer be used with the
>2200 English software or will there be a problem because of the firmware?

>any ideas, info, links appreciated.

>TIA

>Toby

>remove one 'g' from 'ggol.com' to reply by e-mail

When you try installing with the Japanese Cd, you won't even be able
to read the dialog boxes.

However, you can download the English drivers from Epson US and they
should work fine.

I just got an Epson 890C. I don't know about other models. I believe
they have a 2200 here in Japan. I haven't seen a 4000 here.

I have English windoze with Japanese language pack. It's not good for
installing Japanese software, only works with Microsoft's enabled
programs.

"take every day as a gift,
never get angry at the idiotic mass of humanity,
delight in the craftsmanship of BMW and nature"
Jim Davis, 2002

any info on using Japanese Epson w/English Windows??

Post by Toby » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:07:08

Thanks Jim,

I've only seen the 4000 here, which I understand is analogous to the 2200 US
model. The reason I aske dthe firmware question is that I have a 2000P
(purchased in the States) and every time I install a new ink cartridge
designed for the MC2000 (Japanese model of the 2000P) I get a warning
message about non-original inks. So obviously there is a fimware ident going
on. I was afraid that the US 2200 software wouldn't recognize the 4000
printer. Probably best to ask Epson...

Best,

Toby

> wrote/replied to:

> >I'm considering purchase of an Epson 4000 (equivalent to the 2200 in the
> >US--2100 in Europe). Does anyone know if this printer will work with its
> >Japanese software on a computer running English Win 2K (with Japanese
> >language pack installed)? Even better--can this printer be used with the
> >2200 English software or will there be a problem because of the firmware?

> >any ideas, info, links appreciated.

> >TIA

> >Toby

> >remove one 'g' from 'ggol.com' to reply by e-mail

> When you try installing with the Japanese Cd, you won't even be able
> to read the dialog boxes.

> However, you can download the English drivers from Epson US and they
> should work fine.

> I just got an Epson 890C. I don't know about other models. I believe
> they have a 2200 here in Japan. I haven't seen a 4000 here.

> I have English windoze with Japanese language pack. It's not good for
> installing Japanese software, only works with Microsoft's enabled
> programs.

> "take every day as a gift,
> never get angry at the idiotic mass of humanity,
> delight in the craftsmanship of BMW and nature"
> Jim Davis, 2002

1. Japanese printer used with English WinNT

I live in Japan and want to buy a printer.  I've been looking at the Epson PM
series 670C, 750C, or 770C which they sell here in Japan.  You cannot buy any
of the Stylus series here.  I use English Win95/NT and would like to get
English drivers for the Japanese PM series printers.

Does anyone know which of the Stylus series are compatible with the Japanese
ones?  Would I be better to buy a printer in USA and have it shipped here?

-John

John Young [email: jyoung at gol dot com]

2. Looking for Airport api macros

3. Desperately seeking English driver for Japanese Epson printer

4. simple overview article about oracle??

5. English Printer drivers for Japanese printers?

6. check e-mails in a restaurant

7. Wanted: HP4si - PCL & Postcript Windows drivers - english/french

8. Tower of Babel in name mangling

9. printing japanese characters using outlook express

10. Japanese Windows and Printing

11. DJ660c Japanese windows driver