Advantage of Canon 610 vs Epson Stylus II?

Advantage of Canon 610 vs Epson Stylus II?

Post by Howard H Hitc » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me the advantage of the Canon 610 color bubble jet over
the Epson Color Stylus II.  The price is 25% higher and both print at 720
 DPI.

Post by James Ri » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>>Can anyone tell me the advantage of the Canon 610 color bubble jet over
>>the Epson Color Stylus II.  The price is 25% higher and both print at 720
>> DPI.

>I am unfamiliar with these specific models or with Epson, but I am
>(unfortunately) very familiar with Canon.  I personally would advise
>you to stay very far away from Canon.

>I have found their sales staff dishonest, their management
>unresponsive, and their tech support virtually non-existent.

>Of course, I have sued Canon for fraud over a fraudulently
>misrepresented and totally useless printer.  However, there are
>a lot of other complaints about Canon on the net, too.  So, its not
>just my opinion.

>Kim

>"The Canon Fraud Lawsuit Home Page"
>http://www.atl.mindspring.com/~homedec/canonhom.html

Just to let you know, I have owned a Canon for just a couple of weeks, not
long enough to form a complete opinion.  What I have printed out looked very
good.  I found there technical support to be responsive (within a few minutes
during the evening) and helpful.  And, I have been monitoring this newsgroup
for about a month, and have not seen any major number (by major I mean any
more than any other printer/company) of complaints, except by this guy.  From
which we only have one side of the story.

My two Deutchmarks,
Jim.

Advantage of Canon 610 vs Epson Stylus II?

Post by Todd Lani » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me the advantage of the Canon 610 color bubble jet over
>the Epson Color Stylus II.  The price is 25% higher and both print at 720
> DPI.

Primarily the 610 is 720x720 on "plain paper."  The Stylus II requires "coated"
paper to get that resolution.  There's quite a difference in price of the two
paper types.

Todd

Advantage of Canon 610 vs Epson Stylus II?

Post by Todd Lani » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

says...

>says...

>>Can anyone tell me the advantage of the Canon 610 color bubble jet over
>>the Epson Color Stylus II.  The price is 25% higher and both print at 720
>> DPI.

>Primarily the 610 is 720x720 on "plain paper."  The Stylus II requires
"coated"
>paper to get that resolution.  There's quite a difference in price of the two
>paper types.

>Todd

One more item of interest.  The Epson printer capable of 720x720 on plain paper
is around $800 (The Stylus Pro).  Supposed to be great printing though!  If
money's no object this is the printer to buy.  It uses a different technology
to paint the picture based on sound energy rather than thermal to transfer the
ink to the paper.  The results are much more control of dot size and resolution
rather than the splashed on look that ink-boilers/traditional ink jets
can produce.

Todd