Where can I get a good deal on HP 5L?

Post by The WorkPlace In » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for a good deal on the HP 5L.
Anyone has any place in mind which carries those?

Alex.

Where can I get a good deal on HP 5L?

Post by Bob MacPherso » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Everywhere the 5L is sold is a good deal.  Look for a price of
around $500.  Warning!  My 5L did not come with WIN 95 drivers.
 I installed Win 3.1 drivers on WIN 95.  HP states that they
will ship the WIN 95 drivers later on.  I have already had to
re-install my WIN 3.1 drivers on WIN 95 as my 5L drivers seemed
to mysteriously currupt and my applications would no longer
print to the 5L.  Otherwise, it prints grandly!

--
Bob MacPherson

Where can I get a good deal on HP 5L?

Post by Andrew Todd Bro » Mon, 02 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

   I am interested in the Epson ActionLaser 1100 - does anyone have any
comments/experiences to offer about this printer?  I have seen it for
around $350.

   A couple of specific questions :

     1) How much more is the 1400, which has 600dpi output?

     2) How much is the PostScript option for the 1100?  I can't find it
        anywhere, and haven't called Epson yet.

Thanks!
Andrew Brown

Where can I get a good deal on HP 5L?

Post by Mike » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I am looking for a good deal on the HP 5L.
>Anyone has any place in mind which carries those?
>Alex.

The only place I have seen them were here in NJ at COMPUSA for $479.
Computer City doesn't even carry them (yet).

"Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!"

Post by Ashish Maman » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: Hi,

:    I am interested in the Epson ActionLaser 1100 - does anyone have any
: comments/experiences to offer about this printer?  I have seen it for
: around $350.

:    A couple of specific questions :
:
:      1) How much more is the 1400, which has 600dpi output?

I costs about $470 mail-order and $499 retail.

:      2) How much is the PostScript option for the 1100?  I can't find it
:         anywhere, and haven't called Epson yet.

When I called Epson they said that they had cancelled plans to have a
postscript option to the ActionLasers.

: Thanks!
: Andrew Brown

My opinions on the ActionLaser 1400 were very positive. I decided to spend
the extra 100-150 bucks on a 600 dpi printer.  But since the HP 5L has
come out - I am unable to decide if its going to be the 1400 or the 5L.
I have yet to see the output of the 5L.

Hope this helps
- Ashish Mamania

--
-- Ashish Mamania

Where can I get a good deal on HP 5L?

Post by Carlos Moy » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I've had the Al-1100 since about Feb or March (can't remember when I
bought it) The quality is great. Better than the AL-1500 (due to the
Al-1100's built in Edge Smoothing). Paper feeding is not so great. The
AL-1100 is small and compact so the paper is inserted through the top
(kinda like an old dot matrix printer.) The feeder I think can hold about
a hundred pages but you're not gonna want to keep pages there for a long
time cuz they'll get warped and dusty since there's nothing protecting them.

It'sa great "personal" printer, but for an office or big print jobs
you're better off buying a faster printer with better paper handling. (The
AL-1400 has the same design as the 1100 except it prints at 600dpi).

1. HP Apollo with HP scanner packaged together - A good deal?

Sam's Club has a printer/scanner package for $89 that includes
the HP Apollo printer with both cartridges and the HP 3200c?
scanner.  Both come with the USB cables.
Is this a good deal or not?  I don't get much info off the HP web page
on the quality of either device.  Seems the replacement ink cartridges alone
are nearly
the cost of both items.

2. Maintanence

3. Am I unluckey getting an HP LJ 5L in for servicing, it's doing nothing.

4. How to get rid of menu entry "java" ?

5. HP 5L: Gotten PCL drivers, but 95 isn't detecting printer.

6. including floating pictures and tables

7. Good deal at staples for Canon S820 printer

8. cisco 761 time out -Reply

9. Canon S800 Good Deal

10. Are "Comp" Ink Cartridges a good deal?

11. Alps Refurbished Printers-Good Deal?

12. Is the Canon BJC-250 a Good Deal at $149. ?

13. Good deals at Best Buy but printer all wet :(