EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by jhar.. » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:27:53

If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
feel like waiting until a US version is released.
http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by Don Cohe » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:44:33

Do you know if the PM-4000PX will be introduced to the US market?  I'm using
the Epson 1280, and need 13" wide carriage.

--
Don
Photo Website at:

[Remove the "lens cap" for email]

Quote:> If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
> PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
> feel like waiting until a US version is released.
> http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by Ian Burle » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:10:12

This is the version with two yellow cartridges and so a different colour
gamut to the European and US versions which have two black cartridges?

Ian

See:

http://www.dp-now.com/Features/Printer_reviews/Epson_950_preview2/eps...
preview2.html

Or http://makeashorterlink.com/?P21E109B for short

Ian
--
Digital Photography Now
UK-based digital photo Web magazine

Quote:> If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
> PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
> feel like waiting until a US version is released.
> http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by Ian Burle » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:10:53

Patience, Don - all will be revealed in three days time.

Ian

--
Digital Photography Now
UK-based digital photo Web magazine
http://www.dp-now.com

> Do you know if the PM-4000PX will be introduced to the US market?  I'm
using
> the Epson 1280, and need 13" wide carriage.

> --
> Don
> Photo Website at:
> http://www.dlcphotography.net

> [Remove the "lens cap" for email]

> > If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
> > PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
> > feel like waiting until a US version is released.
> > http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by Don Cohe » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:31:30

Hi Ian,

Quote:> Patience, Don - all will be revealed in three days time.

Three days?  I guess that's pretty reasonable.  I'll keeping my eyes and
ears open!

Thanks.

--
Don
Photo Website at:
http://www.dlcphotography.net

[Remove the "lens cap" for email]

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by jhar.. » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:37:18

It is our understanding that the PM-4000PX will be replacing the
2000P.  Unfortunately, we also understand that it will not meet or
surpass the print quality of the PM-950C at 2pl (as opposed to 4pl for
the PM-4000PX), although, obviously, it will handle a larger paper
size, which may be your primary concern.

-  James Harper

> Do you know if the PM-4000PX will be introduced to the US market?  I'm using
> the Epson 1280, and need 13" wide carriage.

> --
> Don
> Photo Website at:
> http://www.dlcphotography.net

> [Remove the "lens cap" for email]

> > If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
> > PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
> > feel like waiting until a US version is released.
> > http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by jhar.. » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:55:39

Yes, although the first ink cartridge position can use either yellow
or black (black for higher-speed text printing).

- James Harper

> This is the version with two yellow cartridges and so a different colour
> gamut to the European and US versions which have two black cartridges?

> Ian

> See:

> http://www.dp-now.com/Features/Printer_reviews/Epson_950_preview2/eps...
> preview2.html

> Or http://makeashorterlink.com/?P21E109B for short

> Ian
> --
> Digital Photography Now
> UK-based digital photo Web magazine
> http://www.dp-now.com

> > If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
> > PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
> > feel like waiting until a US version is released.
> > http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by Ian Burle » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:52:27

You can't really compare these two printers in terms of absolute print
quality that closely as one uses dye-based inks and the other uses pigment
inks. I think a lot of people will be hoping Epson produces a wide carriage
version of the 950. If you are waiting for an announcement like this, please
don't hold your breath.

Ian

--
Digital Photography Now
UK-based digital photo Web magazine
http://www.dp-now.com

> It is our understanding that the PM-4000PX will be replacing the
> 2000P.  Unfortunately, we also understand that it will not meet or
> surpass the print quality of the PM-950C at 2pl (as opposed to 4pl for
> the PM-4000PX), although, obviously, it will handle a larger paper
> size, which may be your primary concern.

> -  James Harper

> > Do you know if the PM-4000PX will be introduced to the US market?  I'm
using
> > the Epson 1280, and need 13" wide carriage.

> > --
> > Don
> > Photo Website at:
> > http://www.dlcphotography.net

> > [Remove the "lens cap" for email]

> > > If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
> > > PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
> > > feel like waiting until a US version is released.
> > > http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by Ian Burle » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:53:19

But the colour profile for the Japanese version of the printer will be
different to the European one, so I'd advise caution before buying.

Ian

--
Digital Photography Now
UK-based digital photo Web magazine
http://www.dp-now.com

> Yes, although the first ink cartridge position can use either yellow
> or black (black for higher-speed text printing).

> - James Harper

Quote:> > This is the version with two yellow cartridges and so a different colour
> > gamut to the European and US versions which have two black cartridges?

> > Ian

> > See:

http://www.dp-now.com/Features/Printer_reviews/Epson_950_preview2/eps...
> > preview2.html

> > Or http://makeashorterlink.com/?P21E109B for short

> > Ian
> > --
> > Digital Photography Now
> > UK-based digital photo Web magazine
> > http://www.dp-now.com

> > > If any are interested, we have a limited number of Japanese-only Epson
> > > PM-950C 7-ink Photo Printers available, for any US residents who don`t
> > > feel like waiting until a US version is released.
> > > http://www.experimax.com

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by Don Cohe » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:11:03

Thanks to both of you.

As for the advice to not "hold my breath" I think you're probably quite
correct.  I was waiting last year for such an announcement (13" wide 2
pico-liter, 7-color printer), but got tired and when ahead and got the Epson
1280 (which is awesome).

For the life of me, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to bring such a
printer to market.

And if the PM-4000PX (which I did understand to be potentially designated as
a 2000P replacement) is only 4 pico-liters, then it's not the printer I was
wanting/hoping it to be.

Best regards,

--
Don
Photo Website at:
http://www.dlcphotography.net

[Remove the "lens cap" for email]

> You can't really compare these two printers in terms of absolute print
> quality that closely as one uses dye-based inks and the other uses pigment
> inks. I think a lot of people will be hoping Epson produces a wide
carriage
> version of the 950. If you are waiting for an announcement like this,
please
> don't hold your breath.

> Ian

> --
> Digital Photography Now
> UK-based digital photo Web magazine
> http://www.dp-now.com

> > It is our understanding that the PM-4000PX will be replacing the
> > 2000P.  Unfortunately, we also understand that it will not meet or
> > surpass the print quality of the PM-950C at 2pl (as opposed to 4pl for
> > the PM-4000PX), although, obviously, it will handle a larger paper
> > size, which may be your primary concern.

> > -  James Harper

> > > Do you know if the PM-4000PX will be introduced to the US market?  I'm
> using
> > > the Epson 1280, and need 13" wide carriage.

> > > --
> > > Don
> > > Photo Website at:
> > > http://www.dlcphotography.net

> > > [Remove the "lens cap" for email]

Epson

EPSON PM-950C (Japanese Version)

Post by David Chie » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:07:35

1) And just how do Japanese drivers install into English OSs?

2) http://160.87.24.214/PrinterComparisonTests.zip 70MB ZIP'd download
of various japanese magazine reviews including the PM-950C to compare
vs. older, poorer quality 6-color inkjets.

3) Word in the groups.yahoo.com Epson Inkjet Mailing Lists that some in
Europe already have samples to test (and have done so, see groups for
links to other recent 950c tests).  Figure if UK is getting them, US
will soon.

4) Don't get hopes up too high!  PM-900C was out Dec. 2000 and not one
of the three 7-color inkjets released by Epson thus far has made it to
the USA yet.

   Wait and see..... sigh.....

1. Epson Japan releases new PM-950C, 2picolitre, 7 color, inkjet!

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/printer/inkjet/pm950c/pm950c1.htm

7 colors, just like prior models the PM-900C and PM-920C, same 2
picolitre dots as those two prior models, and direct CD-R disc printing.

Added features beyond the usual Print Image Matching is the print
cutter/catcher option.

Sadly, not yet avail. outside Japan.... (Epson didn't bother to release
the PM-900C or PM-920C outside Japan either).

Based on prior Japanese magazine reviews of the two older models, the
PM-950C should continue to be the world's best home photo inkjet printer
available anywhere in the world, with superior photo print quality vs.
any other currently available photo inkjet printer made today due to the
use of 7-colors & 2 picolitre drops.

----------------------------

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/printer/inkjet/pm890c/pm890c1.htm

On another note, they released a new 6-color, 4 picolitre model (same as
the current technology avail. in Epson photo printer elsewhere outside
Japan).  Pretty much the same as our USA Epson Photo 890 model, but with
the added ability to print directly to CD-R discs.

----------------------------

Only note?  HURRY UP EPSON and release these 7-color printers
worldwide!!!
www.silverace.com/dottyspotty/issue9.html for print samples re: the
current models - simply imaging the 7-colors to be even better than the
best Epson photo print samples avail. on this site.

2. Microsoft's Arrogance

3. Epson PM-950c info

4. How to install Modem share in my NTServer 4.0?

5. Japanese version of Epson printers 870 and 1270

6. Help, immediate, please. Ethernet physical connection got bumped by serviceman!

7. EPSON PM-750C PM-2000C availability

8. compiling for 64bit on r5k under 6.2?

9. Can u use an us driver for a japanese version?

10. New 7-color, 4pl, 2880x1440dpi, A3 wide-body Epson PM-4000PX in Japan

11. Epson PM-920C : Is it really available in the USA?

12. Epson Japan - Releases Flagship PM-970C - 7-color, 1.8pl, 2880x2880dpi ..

13. EPSON PM 900, Read this!!