Where're the variable-dot inkjets?

Post by nutso fass » Sun, 21 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Print quality from a 600 dpi CMYK inkjet with 64 dot sizes per color could
match a glossy magazine. I recall reading about this wonderful technological
advance years ago; are there no printer makers working on such printers?

nf

Where're the variable-dot inkjets?

Post by Brian Scot » Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Several of Epson's printers use this technology, but I don't think they have 64
dot sizes. Their 900 model does go down to a 3 picoliter dot. I've owned and
worked with quite a few of their printers, and I prefer the print quality over
other brands. I would say that the output of their 6-color 750 surpasses glossy
magazines. Even their 4-color models come quite close. (I haven't seen the 900,
yet.)