Epson 2500 Stylus Scan Problems

Post by FTLOS » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:28:09

I have a Epson Stylus scan 2500, works awesome when I had it on a windows ME
system,  built myself a new faster pc, running windows 2000 pro, nice setup
liking it alot, however i couldn't get my printer to work, dug around and
found in windows 2k or xp i have to use the usb connection, no prob I
download the new driver & twain stuff for 2k from epson's page, follow the
instructions, use the usb all is good I can now print (2 hours reading and
20$ usb cord later).

Now I am trying to SCAN something, I realize I don't have the software for
the stylus panel (to allow scanning) installed, I grab the disc and
carefully NOT install the epson driver on the disc (as it is not for 2k its
for 98 and me etc) yet I DO install the epson smart panel.

But when I try to SCAN TO AN APPLICATION (or scan to anything, email etc) it
says

"cannot access the scanner because another application is using it or the
scanner is not ready."
so I say hummm printer is on all is good, i print an email to confirm even,
yep its workin, yet no matter what I do it says that cannot access scanner
message when I try to scan to application.

Then I search for that error code in google and I find a page that walks me
thru uninstalling the smart panel and reinstalling it,
http://www.newsoftinc.com/tech%20support/FAQ/Epson%20Smart%20Panel/1....

I follow it to the letter restart etc etc yet still same error..

Anyone have this printer with windows 2000 pro and got the scanner to work?

I did write to epsons tech support but got a very generic reply saying to
unistall and reinstall the espon smart panel (which I have done 2 times
now)...

Bill

Epson 2500 Stylus Scan Problems

Post by Deathwalke » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:05:35

comp.periphs.scanners

Quote:> I have a Epson Stylus scan 2500, works awesome when I had it on a windows