1. help lx-86 +win 95 rev B
Bill Austin Pointed out that I had not made it clear where I am in the
Up until now I have done the following to try to get it to work:
tried it under dos 6.22 "type test | lpt1: " this worked
opened word6 in win 3.11 (under doss 6.22) and used File menue
"print". this worked
in dos rev 95 it wouldn't print from a straight dos command, but it
did print from "edit" file menue.
in win95 rev b it will not print.
I installed the lx-86 driver from the list of epson drivers available
in win 95 and made it the default.
1) I set the spool to raw.
2) I tried the "print directly to printer" option
3) I removed the driver totally and reinstalled it. made it the
default and then tried steps 1&2
4) I removed the iomega parallel driver and repeated steps 1&2
5) I installed the generic/text dirver , made it the default and tried
6) I removed the port and reinstalled it.
the above tests were done trying the "print test page" in the driver
7) I tried printing from word6
8) I turned the printer off and reset the computer several times
during all of this.
9) I read the file printers.txt in the windows directory...nothing
about epson lx-86 or any older epson
I tried an old (very old) no name 9-pin dot matrix, and it worked
under the win 95 upgrade,
with the generic driver. Could it be that there is a difference
between revB and the upgrade in this regard?
I had the epson working for a couple of years under the upgrade win
95. Then I got a new lexmark and ran both for a while with a switcher
box, then I lent lx-86 to a friend with an old 286. meanwhile I
now... I can't get it to talk again...
any sugestions or a direction to a suitable faq would be
appreciated.(epson hasn't replied to e-mail)
Oh I just tried to print through the text editor called "edit" in a
dos window (dos prompt icon)and it worked!
Oh god now I am confused. I really don't know enough about the way
data is sent to the printer to work it out..
I just tried the test page again from the printer's options and it
2. Getting DecWindow size
3. EPSON LX-86 driver/Win 3.1.
4. File System Conversion
5. Need help with an old funny Epson LX-86
6. fixed point
7. Help: Epson LX-86
8. Hold Up on NEC's 3X drives ?
9. lx-86 + win95 help
10. Help! lx-86+win95?
11. EPSON LX-86
12. Epson LX-86 Drivers
13. DRIVER NEEDED FOR EPSON LX-86