HP"..enjoined from using false packaging" - Judge Ware, US District Court San Jose CA

HP"..enjoined from using false packaging" - Judge Ware, US District Court San Jose CA

Post by John Connoll » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

--------------098C31959DE2FC5AFAAEA7A3

The above was part of a decision against Hewlett Packard, and its
decision to impede refilling Deskjet 51626A & 51629A ink cartridges by
eliminating the top fill hole/bead., July 11, 1997.

Many recycling users of these cartridges have lately been buying a box
that showed the original style bead in the top corner of the cartridge,
through which refilling was done. However, on opening   the box they've
discovered -- no refilling hole.

We've also noticed a move to weaken the top by scoring around the
refilling hole on those types still produced with it; and at the maze
hole plate at the bottom..

As a result Image Control is considering including the older, simpler,
more reliable 51633A cartridge with our refill kit for the green top
51626A - HP Deskjet 500 series.

We will pay $US4.00 for any and all 51633A's sent to us in lots of 5+.

--
Image Control Corp. - Remanufactured & Generic
Toner Cartridges:  Laser - Fax - Copier

--------------098C31959DE2FC5AFAAEA7A3

<HTML>
The above was part of a decision against Hewlett Packard, and its decision
to impede refilling Deskjet 51626A &amp; 51629A ink cartridges by eliminating
the top fill hole/bead., July 11, 1997.

<P>Many recycling users of these cartridges have lately been buying a box
that showed the original style bead in the top corner of the cartridge,
through which refilling was done. However, on opening&nbsp;&nbsp; the box
they've discovered -- no refilling hole.

<P>We've also noticed a move to weaken the top by scoring around the refilling
hole on those types still produced with it; and at the maze hole plate
at the bottom..

<P>As a result Image Control is considering including the older, simpler,
more reliable 51633A cartridge with our refill kit for the green top 51626A
- HP Deskjet 500 series.

<P><B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">We will pay $US4.00 for any and all 51633A's</FONT></B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">
</FONT>sent to us in lots of 5+.

<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>Image Control Corp. - Remanufactured &amp; Generic
<BR>Toner Cartridges:&nbsp; Laser - Fax - Copier
<BR>Refill Kits for 600+ InkJet Cartridges&nbsp; inc.-Epson 400/500/600
<BR>(416) 694-7509&nbsp; Fax 694-7929
<BR><A HREF="http://www.image-control.com">http://www.image-control.com</A>
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------098C31959DE2FC5AFAAEA7A3--

1. "DRUM NEAR LIVE" waring on a laserprinter ?

I have an old laserprinter, a DataGeneral 64075, with problems.
It gives a warning "DRUM NEAR LIVE", i think i must replace the drum of the
printer. Does anybody know what this message means ? Are the drums still
available or are there drums of other firms (cheaper) that I can use ?

2. Down loading fonts to an HP755CM in DOS

3. False "paper jam" on older HP printer

4. Rxyz: Cross Correlation of 3 signals

5. What do the "se", "xi" mean on the HP 6L

6. Multihomed question

7. HP 5L - no "FONTS" tab in "PROPERTIES" window

8. Making RPC on HP9000s700

9. Difference between HP "Corporate" and "Home" drivers?

10. HP Deskjet "Cse" & "Cxi" model differences

11. HP 855c "Best" vs "Normal"

12. Epson Stylus Color 600 - false "out of paper" message

13. the meaning of "portrait" and "landscape"