Canon BJC-610 Russian Printing under Windows '95

Canon BJC-610 Russian Printing under Windows '95

Post by Ed Puse » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Fellow Readers,

I own a BJC-610 Canon color printer.  I have a current version of Windows
'95 and Microsoft Office Pro (7.0).  I have been trying to use the
multilanguage capability for Russian built in to Windows '95.  All works
perfectly in MS Office Pro until "print time."  When I do print, all the
English text that I have typed prints, but I get a blank, or at best one
letter of Russian, before no more Russian is printed.

I have checked every potential fix I can think of:  downloaded the latest
Canon drivers (they were the same as what I had), tried the Windows update
pack #1, re-installed the multilanguage option from Windows '95 a couple of
times, and believe it or nor, read my printer manual from cover to cover.
Since it says nothing about use of Windows '95 foreign language capability
under the multilanguage option, it's my guess this one might have been
overlooked.

Lest you ask, I've also confirmed that the proper Russian/Cyrillic fonts
are installed, and they are displayed both while typing in MS Word and
during the "print preview" mode.

So, if anyone has a recommendation or workable solution that I haven't
tried, I would be very grateful for a response.

Sincerely,

Ed Pusey

Post by dafYol » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Fellow Readers,

> I own a BJC-610 Canon color printer.  I have a current version of Windows
> '95 and Microsoft Office Pro (7.0).  I have been trying to use the
> multilanguage capability for Russian built in to Windows '95.  All works
> perfectly in MS Office Pro until "print time."  When I do print, all the
> English text that I have typed prints, but I get a blank, or at best one
> letter of Russian, before no more Russian is printed.

> I have checked every potential fix I can think of:  downloaded the latest
> Canon drivers (they were the same as what I had), tried the Windows update
> pack #1, re-installed the multilanguage option from Windows '95 a couple of
> times, and believe it or nor, read my printer manual from cover to cover.
> Since it says nothing about use of Windows '95 foreign language capability
> under the multilanguage option, it's my guess this one might have been
> overlooked.

> Lest you ask, I've also confirmed that the proper Russian/Cyrillic fonts
> are installed, and they are displayed both while typing in MS Word and
> during the "print preview" mode.

> So, if anyone has a recommendation or workable solution that I haven't
> tried, I would be very grateful for a response.

> Sincerely,

> Ed Pusey

I also have a Canon BJC-610 printer...I have Win Word 7.0...have
Cyrillic font(s)...I will try to print out some test pages and
post back here on my results...

P.S.  exactly which Canon printer disk do you have - mine are clearly
marked as "for Windows 95 printing system"...

Canon BJC-610 Russian Printing under Windows '95

Post by Steel City Phant » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

your problem is the driver for the 610 uses an ANSII charactor set
wich is not compatable with a russian charactor set.  what you can do
to get this thing to print is load another driver from your windows 95
cd (like the BJ-200EX or the ibm ProPrinter) and use that to print.
DO NOT try to use the drivers off of Canon's web page or you will have
the same problem.

cya

scp

Quote:>Fellow Readers,

>I own a BJC-610 Canon color printer.  I have a current version of Windows
>'95 and Microsoft Office Pro (7.0).  I have been trying to use the
>multilanguage capability for Russian built in to Windows '95.  All works
>perfectly in MS Office Pro until "print time."  When I do print, all the
>English text that I have typed prints, but I get a blank, or at best one
>letter of Russian, before no more Russian is printed.

>I have checked every potential fix I can think of:  downloaded the latest
>Canon drivers (they were the same as what I had), tried the Windows update
>pack #1, re-installed the multilanguage option from Windows '95 a couple of
>times, and believe it or nor, read my printer manual from cover to cover.
>Since it says nothing about use of Windows '95 foreign language capability
>under the multilanguage option, it's my guess this one might have been
>overlooked.

>Lest you ask, I've also confirmed that the proper Russian/Cyrillic fonts
>are installed, and they are displayed both while typing in MS Word and
>during the "print preview" mode.

>So, if anyone has a recommendation or workable solution that I haven't
>tried, I would be very grateful for a response.

>Sincerely,

>Ed Pusey

1. Multilanguage printing with Windows 95 and BJC-610 (Won't print in Russian)

17 Nov 96

Looking for help please,

In an effort to make maximum use of my Pentium 120 computer's capabilities,
I have been trying to use the multilingual font option (in Russian)
available in Windows 95.  In doing so, I've been using MS Word 7.0 as it
comes with MS Office Pro for Windows 95.  My printer is a Canon BJC-610.

All aspects of the multilingual option appear to work properly with the
exception of my ability to print.  The BJC-610 goes through the motions of
printing the text shown on the screen; the output is 100% OK for the
English portion, the Russian prints the first letter of a line and the rest
is blank.

I've tried most obvious options, read all the help files available, made
sure I was using the correct Cyrillic Truetype font at the right time,
checked to make sure that the "Multilanguage Option" is installed under
Windows 95, etc.  I've also downloaded and installed the most recent Canon
BJC-610 printer drivers for Windows 95 (they turned out to be the same as
the ones I had on disk.

Not having any other idea what to try, I thought I'd try this approach.  If
you have any ideas how I can fix my problem, or what I'm doing incorrectly,
I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Ed Pusey

2. Budget recording Bills and Deposits entries

3. Canon BJC-610 -- Can't Print Using Win '95 built-in Cyrillic font

4. Open GL Update

5. Canon BJC 610 won't print Russian

6. AcrQuake crashing

7. Canon BJC-610 (US) & Chinese Windows 95

8. tulip computer

9. BJC-610 and Windows 95

10. Ref: Windows '95 NEC SS 610 Printer Driver, PROBLEM!

11. Problems with Windows Printing System drivers (Canon BJC-610)

12. Problem: Canon BJC-610/Windows Printing System

13. Canon BJC-4300 Windows 95 drivers don't seem to work for me