Epson Stylus 2500

Post by Ron Mitchel » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm getting ready to purchase an Epson Stylus 2500, anyone have any
experience with this model??  I'm looking for a quality printer and scanner
(the copy feature is a plus). One main reason for looking at this model is
that it DOES NOT have the FAX capability.

Epson Stylus 2500

Post by Joseph Masura J » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I'm getting ready to purchase an Epson Stylus 2500, anyone have any
> experience with this model??  I'm looking for a quality printer and scanner
> (the copy feature is a plus). One main reason for looking at this model is
> that it DOES NOT have the FAX capability.

> Whot about running it on a PowerBook 3400?

1. Epson Stylus 2500, Parallel Connection in Windows 2000 is it possible?

I have an Epson Stylus all in one 2500 printer/scanner/copier, I love it,
worked flawlessly in my Windows ME based machine, loaded the disc and
drivers, put the cable on it and i was set.

That computer has finally bit the dust and I built a new one, I am running
windows 2000 professional and I installed the printer disc and drivers,
plugged in the parallel cable (1284 compliant etc etc) restarted the pc yet
I get an error message on each attempt to use the printer.

I have confirmed in my bios that I have the lpt1 port OPEN and ENABLED, I
have changed its IRQ and put it back to its default, there are no error
messages in the device manager, I have uninstalled and re-installed the
drivers, I have gone in deleted the printer, choose add printer let widows
find and load drivers for it, yet no matter what I do I can't get it to work
(the printer is a known good working condition unit).

I then went to epsons page for a possible patch or fix or newer driver
version...

I found a 2000 driver
Printer Driver v5.0bEs2
but I noticed it said
NOTE:
This driver supports only a USB connection on Windows 2000.

I can't seem to find anything on their page to tell me if i can even use
this 2500 on a windows professional OS with the parallel cable, but does
that even sound correct to you guys or gals?

I am gonna pick up a USB a-b cable tonight to test it out, but it just seems
really weird that I can't get it to work with a parallel connection with
windows 2000, when in the past with ME and 98 it worked fine via parallel.

Maybe I am misunderstanding that one note on that one driver and thinking
all the sudden I can't even use the parallel cable on 2000 pro, however I
have run out of options besides buying a usb cable to test this theory out,
just figured some of you might read this and fill me in on what you know or
if it even sounds correct?

I sent an email to Epson asking this question altho I doubt I will even get
a reply (or when if ever),

So any input welcome,

Bill :)

2. Press enter key cause dialog box exit - don't want this !

3. Which is better, Epson stylus 2500 or HP R40

4. SOLVED PROBLEM (Was: SYS0053 Errors)

5. Epson Stylus 2500 on Windows ME

6. How can I use asynchronous pipe in COM+(Windows2000)?

7. Setup Epson Stylus 2500

8. VXL RAM BOARD WANTED

9. Epson Stylus Scan 2500 Replacement Ink

10. Anyone got an Epson Stylus scan 2500?

11. epson stylus scan 2000 & 2500

12. Epson Stylus Scan 2500 ??

13. Epson 2500 Stylus Scan Problems