Major Problems with HP Colour LaserJet 4500N

Major Problems with HP Colour LaserJet 4500N

Post by Paul Fould » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am having serious problems printing to a HP Colour LaserJet 4500 N
from Excel 2000.

As soon as I print anything, I can no longer save (Disk is Full
message), nor open any further spreadsheets (Disk is Full, Read-Only
location or not enough memory).

All of these error messages are false - I've loads of disk space and
memory.  It has been suggested that there is a problem with the HP
drivers.

Three things to mention :

1) We had different drivers installed on the printer (because the
colours were terrible with the original drivers)  Drivers are HP CLJ
8500 - PCL.

2) These drivers are installed on another identical printer ,causing no
apparent problems.

3) Not all users have the problem.

My PC is Compaq Pentium III, 450Mhz, 64Mb Ram, Win 95.

Any ideas please?

thanks,

Paul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Major Problems with HP Colour LaserJet 4500N

Post by Ed Ru » Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:07:52

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:31:14 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers Paul Foulds

>I am having serious problems printing to a HP Colour LaserJet 4500 N
>from Excel 2000.

>As soon as I print anything, I can no longer save (Disk is Full
>message), nor open any further spreadsheets (Disk is Full, Read-Only
>location or not enough memory).

>All of these error messages are false - I've loads of disk space and
>memory.  It has been suggested that there is a problem with the HP
>drivers.

How much memory and disk space in the C: drive
do you really have. Below you state ypu have 64 meg, I hate to tell
you that is not loads of memory. What is your swap file settings and
where does it reside?

Quote:>Three things to mention :

>1) We had different drivers installed on the printer (because the
>colours were terrible with the original drivers)  Drivers are HP CLJ
>8500 - PCL.

Funny, I have no problem whatsoever with the PCL or PS drivers
supplied for our CLJ4500's. Did you try diffrent settings for the
color matching/calibration options? If this is a ram/spool space
problem you have made it was by using the driver for the higher
resolution 8500, no?

'86 Yamaha FJ1200SC & '82 Honda XL600R Thunderin' Thumper
5 yr old 105# wGSD - Kaiser Klaus III
http://members.home.net/egruf

1. Laserjet Color 4500N problems

I have installed the Laserjet 4500N color printer on a small peer to
peer network, and so far have got it working OK, except for one problem.
When accessing it from a Compaq laptop, it prints everything in a very
strange thin font, no matter what is displayed on the screen. This is
using the built in network print server card. I connected it via a
parallel lead to one of the other computers, and set it up as a shared
printer, but the Compaq still prints this weird font. I have not
connected it directly to the parallel port of the Compaq yet. Has anyone
come across this problem? The Compaq prints fine to a Laserjet 4 also on
the network.

--

John Webster

http://www.bigfoot.com/~corinium

2. Star Office and E-mail

3. HP Colour LaserJet 4500N Smudging

4. Position is incorrect while playin MP3:s in DirectShow

5. HP color Laser 4500N Opinions?

6. Table grants disappearing

7. anyone have a HP-4500N (Color Laser)???

8. Update XML

9. laserjet 4500n...

10. HP 970cxi - Major Problems - HELP

11. Major printhead problems with the canon S400...help!

12. HEEEEEEELP: Major problem with HP4000