pink lines through 1440dpi prints

Post by christina marriot » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

 this is  a what done it rather than a who done it
I have been having rather allot of problems with my printers ,as of 2
 months ago ,and am wondering if anybody have any ideas on the matter.
  The  older Epson 1520 printer at times does all sorts of strange things
 at times , pink lines
through prints , mixing up the colours, "cover open " when it isn't  etc.
 ,Mostly the problems are when printing at 1440dpi, but the new PHOTO 750
 hardly works at all,and it headbangs as soon as it is turned on if it isn't
 going to work  , but was fine when sent back to the supplier in Limerick.I
have
 reinstalled the drivers , and the problem is on both computers at home
 They do work well sporadically , and the 1520 is fine at anything at
 720dpi and under,but the time slot that they will work is less and less .I
can only imagine something in the area has got going in the last three
 months that is causing this ,but what is it and what can I do about it? I
 live in a isolated cottage in the countryside ,on the end of the powerline.
I have tried the 1520 in another nearby place on another PC with no
improvement.

   They do both work sometimes ,but very erratically , sometimes working
 sometimes not , they worked fine all one weekend then wouldn't from 4 every
 afternoon the next week, last  week it was a different pattern. The
 Electricity Supply Board is going to test our supply to see if it is
erratic
 or not. We did think about  one of those things that regulate  the supply ,
 (or a power filter ?)but they are really for temporary use rather than full
 time as far as I can see, If we grumble and get lucky  the "ESB"  might be
 able to sort it out for us. They are very strange gremlins in the PC, and I
 am trying to be philosophic and just get on with the printing when I can
 .But this week it has hardly worked at all ,and it is such a waste of ink
 trying to print and then finding pink lines etc. superimposed across the
 print.
   The only idea so far is that something is interfering intermittently and
 causing the problem , any ideas ? Epson are hopeless as they work elsewhere
 ,but not at home, they are not interested.
  This can not just of happened in this part of Kerry, someone out there
must
of experience something similar somewhere.
  The printing is part of my business ,so it is quite important to me

 Christina

pink lines through 1440dpi prints

Post by Motorcycle Concept » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Are the 2 printers on a switch system, sharing the same
port? If so, try putting the 750 directly into the port
and making it the default printer. Some printers play
up when sharing. I get it all the time on one
particular computer, actually hav to go to the trouble
of totally uninstalling my laser to get a dot matrix to
work, it keeps moving the carriage head repeatedly.
Also try setting your port to EPP in the bios.  I found
this necessary for an Epson 740 when printing large
graphics at even 740 dpi.

Sorry I cant help you with the other printer,
especially as it has the same problem on another
computer.

Quote:> this is  a what done it rather than a who done it
>I have been having rather allot of problems with my
printers ,as of 2
> months ago ,and am wondering if anybody have any

ideas on the matter.
Quote:>  The  older Epson 1520 printer at times does all

sorts of strange things
Quote:> at times , pink lines
>through prints , mixing up the colours, "cover open "

when it isn't  etc.

1. Epson 600, horizontal blue lines at 1440dpi.

My Epson Color Stylus 600 prints OK at 720dpi. However, always at 1440dpi, I
get horizontal blue lines irregularly spaced right across the image,
including the margins. I have cleaned the heads many times, re-installed
drivers etc. but no good. Anyone else seen this problem?
       Ron Hutton

2. $Links via LotusScript or ReplicaID via Formulas

3. epson stylus color pink lines

4. Want to know which is the best 56k modem in the world

5. hp630 problem - lines thru text

6. Will VoiceType work on Warp 3?

7. BJC 5000 - horizontal white lines thru the black.

8. Game OS advocacy (TAOS)

9. HP Deskjet 710c Lines thru pics

10. NT admin thru scripting? Command line??

11. HP693C Lines thru Text

12. HP 842C Prints Line Stops, Prints Another Line ?

13. Problem printing postscript thru Unix print spooler