brother hl-760

Post by Thomas H?kansso » Sun, 26 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have bought a Brother HL-760 wich is suposed to print at 1200*600 dpi.
I have also extended the memory to 33 MB. My problem is that I can't
print in 1200*600 becuase the computer tells me I have not enough
memory!
(It works in 600*600).
Can anyone help me?
Is it a configuration thing or what?
Is my computer to old P166,32 Mb?
Thomas, Sweden.

brother hl-760

Post by Ibu Perti » Sun, 26 Apr 1998 04:00:00

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998 10:07:12 +0200, "Thomas H?kansson"

>I have bought a Brother HL-760 wich is suposed to print at 1200*600 dpi.
>I have also extended the memory to 33 MB. My problem is that I can't
>print in 1200*600 becuase the computer tells me I have not enough
>memory!
>(It works in 600*600).
>Can anyone help me?
>Is it a configuration thing or what?
>Is my computer to old P166,32 Mb?
>Thomas, Sweden.

My computer is a P90, 32 MB system. My HL-760 printer had 17 MB
memory.
I had no problem in setting up the printer to print graphics in
1200*600 resolution. (Clicked :
Startup-Settings-Printers-HL760-Properties-Resolution-122x600 dpi
graphics)
I could print both .BMP and .JPG files. Did not get any eror message.
I'm not certain of the resolution, however. The Brother HL-760 manual
speaks of 1200*600 dpi being available for Windows DIB files. What are
exactly Windows DIB files? Are BMP files under Windows identical to
DIB files, or what? Do I need conversion software???

Do you get your error message while setting the properties for the
printer or while printing?

Regards,

Tiwik.

brother hl-760

Post by Brian Jorda » Sun, 26 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>. The Brother HL-760 manual
>speaks of 1200*600 dpi being available for Windows DIB files. What are
>exactly Windows DIB files? Are BMP files under Windows identical to
>DIB files, or what? Do I need conversion software???

"Device Independent Bitmaps" Some software seems to use the dib
extension as if it were interchangeable with bmp. I don't know whether
it comes in different flavours, but the name would suggest not.

Brian
--
Brian Jordan

1. Brother HL-760 Info

Hello.
I found a brother HL-760 for 37.5$ (but that is not significant because
prices are different in different countries).
I visited www.linuxprinting.org and it says it is working perfectly.
I want to know if anyone has an opinion about the printer ?
Is it good ?
Are the consumables cheap (toners etc) ?
Please be as specific as you can because i don't know much of printer
technology
Also i want to ask when a drum must be replaced because it is very
expensive? (20$ for toner, 125$ for drum)

Thank you for your time

2. EZCD experts please help

3. Brother HL-760: only the oldest drivers work

4. Dvorak on webdesign

5. Brother HL-760 Mem. Upgrade

6. HELP! please

7. Brother HL-760 quetsions

8. Brother HL-760 and extra memory

9. Brother HL-760/NEC SuperScript 860/PrintGear and Ghostscript

10. Brother HL-760 Laser Printer

11. Brother HL-760 printer problem

12. Brother HL-760 prints rubbish