Odp: Epson LQ-570 - opening the case?

Post by larrymoencurl » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> There are two or three clips that hold the whole front panel
> located at the front-upper edge of the printer. They are accessible
> after removing the top cover and ribbon cartridge. You can see them
> after you turn into the frog and jump into the LQ :)))
> Lukasz
> P.S. Then carefully unplug the wires, unscrew two screws in front
> and two above the parallel port - voila, you can get your paperclips
> back...

Thanks!  It worked!

I just put a new ribbon into the LQ-570, and it's surprising how good
the text quality is compared to an ink jet's.

Odp: Epson LQ-570 - opening the case?

Post by Box13 » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Amen to that. I had an inkjet that crapped out two months after the warranty
ran out. I bought an LQ-570+ as a replacement. I bought three ribbons for
$18. That's much better than $30 or more for an inkjet cartridge and colour
that fades in a few days.

> Thanks!  It worked!

> I just put a new ribbon into the LQ-570, and it's surprising how good
> the text quality is compared to an ink jet's.

Odp: Epson LQ-570 - opening the case?

Post by Ysabel » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I've got posters here that I printed om my old ES 600 and they STILL haven't
faded! And that was 2 years ago!!

Sarah

> Amen to that. I had an inkjet that crapped out two months after the
warranty
> ran out. I bought an LQ-570+ as a replacement. I bought three ribbons for
> $18. That's much better than $30 or more for an inkjet cartridge and
colour
> that fades in a few days.

message

> > Thanks!  It worked!

> > I just put a new ribbon into the LQ-570, and it's surprising how good
> > the text quality is compared to an ink jet's.

1. How to open Epson LQ-100 case?

Has anyone ever successfully opened an Epson LQ-100 case without
breaking it, and if so, how?

     Pete
--
Peter Scales