Alternative toner manufacturer for higher page yields ?

Alternative toner manufacturer for higher page yields ?

Post by Jim Helfe » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 01:54:30

  I'm hesitant to post this query, given the number of phone calls that I
already get trying to sell me "super-black hig-yield" toner cartridges, but
I was wondering if anyone has any recomendationd for  legitimate 3rd party
toner manufacturers that have have a higher yield per cartridge.

  At my office with use a HP officejet 3150 for our main fax machine. It
does the job pretty well, but the toner cartridge for this machine (HP
C3906A) only has a published yield of 2,500 pages.  We have a fairly high
volume, so we are running through these cartridges fairly quickly.

  Thanks for any opinions

 Jim Helfer

Alternative toner manufacturer for higher page yields ?

Post by moe » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:45:40

I had one of those guys call me. They didn't know who they were dealing
with. Gave me some kind of spiel about not mixing their toner with water to
dilute it, double the capacity in a cartridge that could no way handle it. I
reported them to the BBB and the FTC. They're no longer in business. I went
to their auction and was standing next to the ex owner bidding against him.
Hang  up on them, or better yet report them and put them out of business.
BTW, you can't make a high yield 3906A.

Quote:>   I'm hesitant to post this query, given the number of phone calls that I
> already get trying to sell me "super-black hig-yield" toner cartridges,
but
> I was wondering if anyone has any recomendationd for  legitimate 3rd party
> toner manufacturers that have have a higher yield per cartridge.

>   At my office with use a HP officejet 3150 for our main fax machine. It
> does the job pretty well, but the toner cartridge for this machine (HP
> C3906A) only has a published yield of 2,500 pages.  We have a fairly high
> volume, so we are running through these cartridges fairly quickly.

>   Thanks for any opinions

>  Jim Helfer

Alternative toner manufacturer for higher page yields ?

Post by Jim Helfe » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 04:42:12

  They call all the time.  I doubt most of them actually sell toner at all,
just collect information to use to generate fraudulent invoices.  Good
business if you're dishonest, I suppose.

  My resposnse is usually to insult the person on the phone.  It may be
cruel and non-empathetic, and I feel bad about it sometimes, but I figure if
I can do my bit to make the job a little less tolerable, maybe I can
convince them that they would be more comfortable in an honest line of work.

  -Jim

> I had one of those guys call me. They didn't know who they were dealing
> with. Gave me some kind of spiel about not mixing their toner with water
> dilute it, double the capacity in a cartridge that could no way handle it.
> reported them to the BBB and the FTC. They're no longer in business. I
went
> to their auction and was standing next to the ex owner bidding against
him.
> Hang  up on them, or better yet report them and put them out of business.
> BTW, you can't make a high yield 3906A.

> >   I'm hesitant to post this query, given the number of phone calls that
> > already get trying to sell me "super-black hig-yield" toner cartridges,
> but
> > I was wondering if anyone has any recomendationd for  legitimate 3rd
party
> > toner manufacturers that have have a higher yield per cartridge.

> >   At my office with use a HP officejet 3150 for our main fax machine. It
> > does the job pretty well, but the toner cartridge for this machine (HP
> > C3906A) only has a published yield of 2,500 pages.  We have a fairly
high
> > volume, so we are running through these cartridges fairly quickly.

> >   Thanks for any opinions

> >  Jim Helfer

Alternative toner manufacturer for higher page yields ?

Post by John Connol » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 06:59:20

Moe is right, you might be able to get another 20g of toner in
addition to the 140g HP, Canon(AX)or responsible cartridge
remanufacturers put into these types but yo then might risk
overloading the waste hopper, and producing sprinkles of toner on the
page. It's the least toner Canon - who designed it - and HP have ever
put into a laser printer or fax cartridge.

Above all with these, or the HP 5L or 6L cartridges, if you get a
paper jam at the output, don't try to pick out the paper with a sharp
object. You'll risk a $100+ fuser fixing assembly replacement, as they
are just mylar tubes, not the teflon coated aluminum ones older
printers had. Release the tension with the little lever inside at
lower left, and carefully take the paper out backwards

As for telemarketing toner pirates, they are a curse to office workers
and our industry. Details on what our Canadian association, CIPRA, has
done to isolate them are at http://www.image-control.com

About 20 other U.S. regional, and international associations are
working towards thegetting the level of acceptance that auto parts
remanufacturers have attained by by setting and maintaining solid
quality and marketing standards.

> I had one of those guys call me. They didn't know who they were dealing
> with. Gave me some kind of spiel about not mixing their toner with water to
> dilute it, double the capacity in a cartridge that could no way handle it. I
> reported them to the BBB and the FTC. They're no longer in business. I went
> to their auction and was standing next to the ex owner bidding against him.
> Hang  up on them, or better yet report them and put them out of business.
> BTW, you can't make a high yield 3906A.

> >   I'm hesitant to post this query, given the number of phone calls that I
> > already get trying to sell me "super-black hig-yield" toner cartridges,
>  but
> > I was wondering if anyone has any recomendationd for  legitimate 3rd party
> > toner manufacturers that have have a higher yield per cartridge.

> >   At my office with use a HP officejet 3150 for our main fax machine. It
> > does the job pretty well, but the toner cartridge for this machine (HP
> > C3906A) only has a published yield of 2,500 pages.  We have a fairly high
> > volume, so we are running through these cartridges fairly quickly.

> >   Thanks for any opinions

> >  Jim Helfer

Alternative toner manufacturer for higher page yields ?

Post by Richard Hopkin » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:05:29

The 3150 takes the Canon AX engine. It is a 2500 page cartridge. There are
NO higher-yield cartridges for this. Here is the reason. The toner hoppper
in this cartridge is very small. Cartridge Remanufatcurers struggle to get
the 140g of toner into the hopper as it is. Putting more in simply wont fit.
Now some remanufacturers will refill an older cartridge with more up-to-date
toner and get extra yield. The HP Laserjet4 is a good example. However the
AX IS a recent cartridge, no such trick exists. The final trick used to get
a higher-yield cartridge is to mould a new toner hopper with extra space for
the toner. This cant work in the AX because there isnt a spare centimetre in
the printer.

You are stuck with the situation.

Having said all that the 3150 is economical to run as against most other
laser faxes out there, it was a good choice.

Regards

Quote:>   I'm hesitant to post this query, given the number of phone calls that I
> already get trying to sell me "super-black hig-yield" toner cartridges,
but
> I was wondering if anyone has any recomendationd for  legitimate 3rd party
> toner manufacturers that have have a higher yield per cartridge.

>   At my office with use a HP officejet 3150 for our main fax machine. It
> does the job pretty well, but the toner cartridge for this machine (HP
> C3906A) only has a published yield of 2,500 pages.  We have a fairly high
> volume, so we are running through these cartridges fairly quickly.

>   Thanks for any opinions

>  Jim Helfer

1. Inkjets - alternative v manufacturer inks.

I've noticed that one can buy replacement inkjet cartridges for about 25%
of the price of a manufacturer-branded cartridge.

For example:
http://www.consumables.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=28&subcat=28022

where an Epson black cartridge costs 22 and the compatible cartridge made
by Prestige costs just 6.

Has anybody here had any experience of these cheaper alternatives? Are
they as good as the manufacturer-branded ink in all respects?

Cheers,
--
Steve Drewell             (Remove x. from address to reply)
Using IBM OS/2 Warp 4 running 32 processes with 133 threads.

2. a bug with "renice" ?

3. Ink consumption; does higher dpi means higher ink consumption?

4. What's the word on Stardock's Plus Pak?

5. toner cartridge print yield

6. A fix for a fix??

7. Lexmark restricts toner cartridge remanufacturers - higher prices will result if trend continues

8. Samba2.2 as PDC & 4 linux boxes to share

9. Page Yield #'s by Printer

10. NEW 92298A carts 10k page yield

11. NEW 92298A carts 10k page yield!

12. NEW 92298A cartridges 10k page yield

13. NEW 92298A carts 10k page yield